Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
jo
15'2 arab x newforest for full loan
PRETTY MARE 16YRS,SEEKING NEW LOAN HOME, CURRENTLY STABLED IN BENFLEET,ESSEX. CAN BE MOVED WITHIN LOCAL AREA,OR MOVED TO LOCAL SURROUNDING AREAS OF LOWESTOFT, SUITABLE AS A CONFIDENCE GIVER TO A NERVOUS RIDER,EXCELLENT TO HANDLE BOTH IN/OUT OF THE STABLE,GOOD ON...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2002 11:46am
by jo
l
Lomu
lovely horse for sale
Hi At the moment I have a 15hh 5yo quality bay gelding with full irsh passport for sale. He is really really sweet and although green does everything you ask of him to the best of his ability. He has a huge amount of potential in anything especially showing/riding cl...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2002 7:47am
by Lomu
Extra extra wide saddle wanted
Dear All Has anyone out there got a hugely wide saddle for my very short backed very wide cob? He used to be able to get on with my wide wintec but matured during a period of my illness and now has no withers and huge shoulders looks great but I cant find a saddl...
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2002 6:21am
by Sarah Caswell
Wanted small horsebox.
Can anyone help??? I am looking for a small horsebox, something like a transit, must take 15.2hh + and have good mechanics. It dosen't have to be pretty as long as its road worthy. Maximum price is £1000. I really hope someone can help. Thanks.
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2002 11:59am
by Samantha Millwar...
For sale or part exchange
For sale or part exchange 15.2 black mare. 9 Years old. Good to shoe, great with kids and dogs. Pain to box and does not like hacking out alone. She is great to school and could go far with experienced rider. Owner would like quite plod for quiet life. £1700...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2002 10:16am
by ANN PERRINS
p
Penny
Calling North Wales..Help wanted!!!
Hello Everybody!!! Im asking anyone in North Wales for some help. Im trying to track down a horse I had on loan 4 years ago. Shes a 15.3 TB bay mare, shes about 12 years old,she has a white stripe down her face, and a strange tooth growing out of the bottom of her...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2002 9:45am
by Penny
j
Julie
Re: sweet itch problem
the best answer to sweet itch is the Boett blanket www.sweetitch.com, I have just started using it now my friend has used it for two years now and swears by it also try Deep sea Magik shampoo to wash their manes and tails it help the healing process but fly spray onl...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 4:09am
by Julie
g
Gemma
Re: Re: Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???
A pony at our stables died of grass sickness a few years ago. The vet said this can lay dormant for years. No other animal has died of this since. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:hi i would say something. even if she doesnt take your advice t...
Views: 88   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2002 4:13am
by Gemma
h
Helen
UK WEquetrian Forums
http://horse-directory.iboardplus.com All equestrian topics are covered and registration is free.
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2002 5:34pm
by Helen
Re: Re: Wanted
Thanks for info. He looks and sounds great. I'll pass on the informaion about him. Thanks alot. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Look at Equine Market Watch website at Disney www.pagedesigns.biz/emwnew/index.html. He is not for sale, but can b...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2002 3:43am
by Ann Perrins
n
Ness
Re: Wanted
Look at Equine Market Watch website at Disney www.pagedesigns.biz/emwnew/index.html. He is not for sale, but can be for permenant loan to a loving family. He is a smashing pony. Not sure if he has ever done PC, but is more than capable, he was very good at polo an...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2002 5:01am
by Ness
g
Gemma
Re: Re: Re: Re: sweet itch problem
Hi, Now we're nearing the end of summer this prob won't be much use, but I've found that once they've been bitten, camomile lotion stops the itching and makes it a lot more comfortable for them and saves a bit of the mane and tail too! --- --- --- --- --- --- -...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2002 2:35am
by Gemma
horse wanted
I am looking for a 15hh-16hh+ gelding mainly as a companion and light hacking. Must be for novice rider, all round family horse, age immaterial good home awaits for under £1000. Please email natashahanson@msn.com.
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2002 5:11am
by Natasha Hanson
Wanted
Does anyone know where there is a lovely pony (up to 13.2) for sale. Must be sound as for child. Would like something that has done PC. With or without tack for approx £1000.00 Loving home awaits.
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2002 12:55pm
by ANN PERRINS
a
angie
Re: Can you offer a Home to a Sweet little pony ???
i would like to announce that little tommy has found a new home and has really landed on his feet.He has gone to a home of a husband and wife vet team and he is for there daughter,i am so pleased and happy that he is going to have a good future and he will be looked...
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2002 5:10pm
by angie
c
Chris
Re: Head Shaking
Hi, A pony I recently bought was almost unridable because of head shaking. His teeth where in a terrible state so check this if you havn't already done so. However the shaking continued. I have found that he does not accept nets on his nose when ridden but a stockin...
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2002 1:10am
by Chris
Re: Puppy names
well surely it has to be famous race horses! Red Rum...Arkle...Desert Orchid....Dawn Run...ect ect..the list is endless. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I have 11 Whippet puppies and am struggling to find kennel names for all of them. Any ideas?
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2002 2:14pm
by lotsaspots
n
Ness
Puppy names
I have 11 Whippet puppies and am struggling to find kennel names for all of them. Any ideas?
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2002 7:57am
by Ness
CLIPPERS WANTED
I'm looking for 2nd hand quiet clippers, please contact me. on RosannaVazquez100@hotmail.com
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2002 8:56am
by Rosanna
MINIATURE HORSE SALE
Stud reduction....all miniature spotted show horses...colts and fillies all champion pedigrees by the top supreme miniature spotted show horse champion....all sponsored by BLUE CHIP FEED BALANCER.....Upon each sale I am going to pledge a donation to THE DOUGLAS BADER...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 1:53am
by lotsaspots
CHARITY AUCTION..WE NEED YOUR HELP!
NEW FEATURE UPON THIS WEBSITE...A CHARITY AUCTION...PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A DONATION....OR BID....ALL PROCEEDS GO TO A VERY VERY WORTHY CAUSE....NEW ITEMS LISTED DAILY....
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 1:49am
by lotsaspots
Re: Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???
I have a very informative video on the subject of grass sickness.......watch out for it on the CHARITY AUCTION coming soon!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Unfortunately one of my ponies died about 6 yrs ago , I think he had grass sickness as...
Views: 125   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2002 2:41pm
by lotsaspots
Re: Re: Re: Head Shaking
I have another theory...there are many..but my thoroughbred gelding was an insurance loss of use claim due to this condition. He is currently on the headshaking survey list run by Demontfort Uni. As he is not a seasonal shaker, tests were carried out and it was disco...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2002 2:39pm
by lotsaspots
Re: Re: kineton nosebands ?????
a kineton noseband is a harsh peice of equipment and should be used with care,heavy hands on this noseband can cause the horse to rear up,as all the pressure from this noseband is placed on the nose and the mouth. in general the noseband can be used with any type of...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2002 3:27am
by showjumper
Re: Showing advice
Im doing my BHS exams at the moment, and we did this last week. It depends on the shape of the pony, I.E if you are trying to make the neck/shoulders look different. But its usually an odd number for the neck and one on the fringe to make the total amount of plait...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2002 1:11pm
by Anonymous
l
Lucy
Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????
I have a little shetland pony who has a boett sweet itch blanket on. The flies used to drive her mad and she would itch herself to the extent of leaving sores that wouldnt heal. After getting the blanket, she may look odd, but it works and she is a lot happier. She c...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2002 5:55am
by Lucy
h
Hannah
Re: kineton nosebands ?????
i used to ride a very strong cob in one of these nosebands, i think he was ridden in a fulmer snaffle with the long sides, Hope this helps, Hannah --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I have just purchased a kineton noseband for my ex race horse who...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2002 12:03pm
by Hannah
l
louise
Re: Re: Re: sweet itch problem
hi,,i just thought i,d tell you about the miricle cure i have found for my welshx id sweetich,,well ive been using KILL ICH its in a blue container if you cover your horses mane & tail & any other bits in this then put fly spray on top this is wonderfull, my horse ha...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 5:14am
by louise
We Have a fly rug and it works really well I would recomend it! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:before I invest in a 'fly rug ' or boett blanket that helps equines with sweet itch, Do they really work ????? Thank You Angela
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2002 12:22pm
by Anonymous
m
marie
Re: Re: Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????
just to say that we had a new gelding 4 months ago who has sweet itch and we have brought a fly rug from the Derby house catologue which includes the neck cover and it only cost 40 pounds it is fantastic but only comes in one colour which is purple, also we use pure...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2002 7:31am
by marie
v
vicki
Re: Re: Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????
the best that i can recommend is Alvasweet Itch Controller. u have to apply it quite alot at first but it really worked for us. it basically helps to sooth the itching but it can be quite costly. they have a website. the URL is www.alva-inter.com vicki ---...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2002 1:25am
by vicki
b
Beth
Can you offer a Home to a Sweet little pony ???
Is the anyone in the WEST MIDLANDS area that would be willing to offer a home to 'Tommy' a 10 month old Dartmoor X Shetland colt ???? Very nice looking and nice natured and handled from birth. Free to approved caring home only. Please email mail@horsetackexchange.c...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2002 6:56am
by Beth
kineton nosebands ?????
I have just purchased a kineton noseband for my ex race horse who is dificult to stop. Does anybody know what bit I can use with this noseband. I currently am using an American Gag, which he is now getting used to and he is up to his old tricks again !!!!! Thanks
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2002 9:23am
by Puzzled horselov...
a
Angela
Re: Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????
I think I will have to get one , have you tried any of the 'sweet itch' sprays, do they work and can you recommend one ????? Thanks Angela --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:hi! (me again) yes they do work. we had one for our gelding. they w...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2002 7:40am
by Angela
a
Angela
Re: Re: Head Shaking
Thank you Vicki , I will try this and hopefully things will improve Angela --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:hi! my mare used to do this to! we tried a nose net and fly veil with ears. we found this helped A LOT! hope this helps you vicki...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2002 7:37am
by Angela
v
vicki
Re: Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???
hi i would say something. even if she doesnt take your advice then you will have done your part on trying to save this pony and you would feel better if the worst did happen to this pony. hope this helps vicki --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying...
Last Post: Jul 6, 2002 12:52pm
by vicki
v
vicki
hi! (me again) yes they do work. we had one for our gelding. they worked really for him. we got the full set with hood and belly piece as well as the main rug. hope it goes well. vicki --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:before I invest in a 'fly...
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2002 12:44pm
by vicki
v
vicki
Re: Head Shaking
hi! my mare used to do this to! we tried a nose net and fly veil with ears. we found this helped A LOT! hope this helps you vicki --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:My mare tends to shake her head alot mainly when being ridden , I have checke...
Last Post: Jul 6, 2002 12:41pm
by vicki
j
jean
Re: Re: sweet itch problem
my shetland pony has very bad sweet itch all her tail had gone so i cannot show her this year but i have been putting on aloe propolis cream with good results morning and evening --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Have you tried Miracle Mist?...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2002 4:42am
by jean
a
Angela
Head Shaking
My mare tends to shake her head alot mainly when being ridden , I have checked her browband and that is not too tight , it is really annoying when you are riding , does anyone have any ideas for a cure ????? Or what could be a possible cause ???? Thank you A...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2002 9:21am
by Angela
a
Angela
Do Fly Rugs Work ?????
before I invest in a 'fly rug ' or boett blanket that helps equines with sweet itch, Do they really work ????? Thank You Angela
Last Post: Jun 21, 2002 9:16am
by Angela
Re: Re: Showing advice
Hi Joanne Thanks so much for the advice about showing and plaiting my horses mane , it has really hepled me. Horse face --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:It really depends on you or your horse. Traditionally there should be 9 or 11 plaits al...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2002 9:12am
by Anonymous
j
Joanne
Re: Showing advice
It really depends on you or your horse. Traditionally there should be 9 or 11 plaits along the crest with a single plait in the forelock to make the number even. However if your horse has a very short neck you can get away with 13 smaller plaits to make it look a lit...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2002 6:17am
by Joanne
Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???
Unfortunately one of my ponies died about 6 yrs ago , I think he had grass sickness as a pony had died about 3 years previously of this in the same field and the symptoms sounded the same. I am worried as no-one grazed the land again until now !!!!! should I say s...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2002 3:22pm
by Horse face
Re: Re: sweet itch problem
Hi Thanks for the advice I will definatly try the miracle mist, it sounds like it will be useful for alot of things !!!!!! Does it work on ponies with no brakes ????? only joking !!!! Thanks again ....... Horse mad --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Rep...
Last Post: May 24, 2002 4:44pm
by Anonymous
Re: sweet itch problem
Have you tried Miracle Mist? I've not tried it on sweet itch but I think it's worked on everything I've tried it on. eg: bite from another horse that I couldn't get to heal, skinned legs from getting stuck in the canal, allergic reaction to Phaser fly spray, brushin...
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2002 2:30pm
by horseygal
Showing advice
can anyone tell me how many plaits to put in my horses mane ??? Thank you. Horse Mad.
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2002 3:38pm
by Horse Mad
sweet itch problem
What is the best thing to use on my ponies sweet itch problem ??? has any one found anything that really works, thanks, Horse mad
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2002 7:50am
by Horse Mad
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum!
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum! Please feel free to customize your Forum by changing colors, fonts and images. You can also delete messages from your Forum. This can all be done from the Members Area at Bravenet.com. If you have any quest...
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2002 1:54pm
by Bravenet Member ...
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet