Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
First Ride On A CF

I posted this on BROL, but now that I've become a CF Junkie, I thought I'd join this forum, too.

I was looking for a new Bent Bike, but found something even better!

Here's my review;

They had a beautiful, Red RANS Fusion model sitting on the floor. I sat on it the last time I was there, but didn't take it for a ride because I had a friend with me and he needed to leave. I wasn't even sure if it was big enough for me.

Well, it was just big enough for my long legs! Leo set it up and off I went for a test ride.

If a trike gives you Triker's Grin, I guess I had a Cranker's Grin going from ear to ear! What a blast that CF was to ride! Randy, you have made one awesome bike!

Before I discovered the comfort of a trike, I enjoyed riding my MTB on and off road. But now, sitting on a regular upright bike literally feels like someone is trying to shove a brick up my keester sideways!

Riding the CF was as natural as hopping back on my old MTB but without any of the discomfort. ZERO learning curve!

When I rode the LWB's, I'd do one lap around the big parking area and come back. With the Fusion, I rode at least 6 laps and I did not want to get off that thing!

Leo was standing in front of the LBS waiting for me. On the second lap, I rode past him smiling like an idiot and said "Me likey!" as I went around again and again.

When I finally forced myself to get off the bike, I told Leo riding that bike felt like falling in love with an old girlfriend all over again.

As you can tell by now, I am an absolute Crank Forward Freak after just one test ride!

Although the Fusion was a blast to ride, I think I'd rather get a Sequoia (for taller riders) or the Alterra 29.

I want a bike to ride on and off road because I have miles and miles of open desert and all kinds of dirt roads to ride on in this area.

I don't do any of that crazy ass Banzai Kamikaze off roading where you go bouncing over logs and big rocks. I just like to ride on dirt roads and trails through the woods. I like being off road, but I'm not an adrenaline junkie.

Well, there ya have it, Ladies and Gentleman. I didn't find a bent bike I liked, but I do know I will be getting a CF bike ASAP! I'll still check out those SWB's when I get an opportunity to do so, but I just HAVE TO have a CF!

THE END

Re: First Ride On A CF

Bubba,
Thanks for the wonderful reaction to our product. I hope you will be riding your own soon! We would love to hear about your adventures on a CF.

randy schlitter
Bubba,
Thanks for the wonderful reaction to our product. I hope you will be riding your own soon! We would love to hear about your adventures on a CF.

Well, I had a blog for my regular trike rides, so I will do the same when I get my CF. I think I'll get a Sequoia since I'm a tall guy.

Hey, Bubba,

I read your review on both BROL and here - well done! Glad you'll contribute here as well. I've had Rans CF fever since my first test ride. Our stable consists of two Fusions, one with a Bionx for my hubby and the ST for me. Look forward to your Sequoia review when you get it. Enjoy and welcome!

Mary
aka TrikeDiva