Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RANS Alterra (custom) for sale

Greetings, RANS Fans:

I have a nearly new RANS Alterra for sale, probably less than 100 miles on it. This has some very nice custom upgrades: Schwalbe "Fat Albert" mtb tires, Avid BB 7 brakes/levers, Paul Thumbie Shifters with Dura Ace bar end levers. Currently, it has a curved riser and the curved B37 bars installed with Topeak Ergon grips. I will include everything including frame bag, cage, etc. It currently has some nice Wellgo big platform pedals, which are included. This is a really fine bike, and the best CF mtb. you can get. It really is easy to stand for climbing on this. I'm selling for three reasons: First, I don't ride it very much. She's gathering dust. Second, despite my original intentions, I just don't see myself doing a lot of off-road work. Three, and most importantly, I need a good roadie bent. On a recent outing, which I expect to have a lot more of as the weather improves, I found myself having to work FAR too hard to keep up with everyone on my beloved Haluzak, which I will keep forever and ride and tour on with pleasure, but she's no mountain goat.

So, I NEED a large Bacchetta Corsa something fierce. As the Alterra stands now, it would be at least as expensive as a new Corsa, so I will consider a trade for a large Corsa in very good shape.

For sale: $1875 + pack/ship
Paypal is great.

Slide show: http://sports.webshots.com/slideshow/578390661PxEkKN

These pics are when it was brand new. She has a couple of minor scratches and needs a cleaning, but you will not be disappointed. She's in fantastic shape and hardly ridden at all.

New Price

Hey, RANS Fans:

I need to move this beauty, so she's yours for

$1795 + pack/ship.

I deal with Bent Up Cycles in North Hollywood, CA., routinely, and I've sold a number of bikes on Bentrideronline. I can meet buyers at Bent Up or I can arrange for shipment. I've decided I'm not interested in a trade as I'm looking into different options for a roadie bent and haven't made any hard decisions.

Get a sweet deal on a nearly new CF mtb!

Scott

Re: RANS Alterra (custom) for sale

I have a Strada LG dual 26 if you are interested in a possible trade/cash deal. Bike is quick and climbs well.

Re: RANS Alterra (custom) for sale

Hey, Mike: Very tempting, but I'm going to hold off a bit on any trade. I need to get to my bent dealer and do some test riding, and I'm thinking about going further up the food chain on the Bacchetta line. I'll certainly keep you're offer in mind, however. Thanks a lot for your offer.

Scott