Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Alterra 29er Question

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the carbon fork that RANS uses for the 700X on the 29er? Any ideas what impact it will have on the handling? I am thinking about building a cross bike, but it won't get heavy duty off road use. Don't need either of the current fork options. Wondered if there were other options out there?

Re: Alterra 29er Question

We tried that, it lowers the crank to the point you will hit the pedals in even a slight turn. Not a great idea at all. We have a new verison of the 700X coming out in the Alterra geometry, read about in the coming ITR!

Perfect -- I have already started putting money aside. Honestly, I commute several thousand miles per year to work. My first generation Dynamik has been a real workhorse. Riding the drop configurations at the Rally last fall really opened my eyes. The gain in aerodynamics on the drops literally had my jaw on the ground. I am convinced that I need to add a second CF to the stable.

I guess that I will wait patiently..1, 2, 3.....

Has anyone tried drops on a dynamic? Randy?? Would it work or is the seat too far from the bars to be comfortable?
Thanks for any info!
Andy
ProBike OKC.

I have not tried drops, but I have looked at the opportunity to improve my aero position (this on an original Dymaik). For me, with the longer top tube, there is no place for my legs to go if I lower my upper body. Knees strike my abdomen (I do have a slight aero belly, but a small one). The change in geometry to the new Alterra eliminates this issue for me. I have not tried this on a current Dynamik, so I can't help you there.

Andy
Has anyone tried drops on a dynamic? Randy?? Would it work or is the seat too far from the bars to be comfortable?
Thanks for any info!
Andy
ProBike OKC.

Too long a reach I think. Drops on the Alterra Road work, because of the slacked headtube angle and shorter cockpit reach, even better with a rear curved riser.

Got some Alterra Road drop pix under Older Posts at the bottom on my FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spin-Cyclz/159323034104677#

Nandas right, we tried it, not good on the Dynamik, but very natural on the Alterra, as long as you do not mount the bar height too low.

Thanks for the answers guys. Any thoughts on a great handlebar/stem combo for the Dynamik or Fusion(I have both frame sets). Thanks for any insight.