Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seat Creep

For the life of me I cannot stop the seat on the Hammertruck from sliding down slowly and imperceptibly. After a couple of rides the seat usually slides down an inch or so no matter how tight I have the QR clamp. I can always tell when this occurs because my problematic knee will start acting up. I love the gradations on the seat post btw!

One suggestion was to contact RANS. Any others?

Re: Seat Creep

http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/fiber_grip.htm

I have used the above product on metal surfaces with good luck.

I replaced all of the seat and seatpost quick releases with seatpost binder bolts. Nashbar has a selection. It looks cleaner too. I think I had to buy one 6mm bolt for the longest. Bolt Depot has everything metric.

Thanks to one and all!

For extra measure I put an extra seat post collar on the seat post above the stock one. You will have to file or Dremel off the inside lip. This enables me to grease my seat post.