Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Toe clearance

I was just wondering which would have more toe clearance the sequoia or the alterra with 700c wheels?

Re: Toe clearance

I cannot comment on Sequoia toe clearance but I used to own a Zenetik and now have an Alterra. The Alterra definitely has more toe clearance than the Zenetik.

If you look at the photos below, it looks as thought the Alterra has much more clearance than the Sequoia.

John

Thanks John it does look that way. that seems weird though as the wheelbase on the alterra is even shorter than the dynamik and way shorter than the sequoia.

Roy Pedersen
Thanks John it does look that way. that seems weird though as the wheelbase on the alterra is even shorter than the dynamik and way shorter than the sequoia.
Roy, the Alterra has shorter chainstays, steeper seat tube, and shorter top tube. This all creates a shorter WB. Looks like the big difference is the chainstay length. One drawback is that the rider is more over the rear wheel, so much more weight is on the rear of the bike.

The Alterra head tube angle is more relaxed than the Sequoia resulting in more distance between the crankarms and tire.

I wish RANS would put out better geometry specs for their bikes. It would be nice to know things like top tube length, seat tube and head tube angles, chainstay length, etc.

Here is a link to Randy's ITR article on the Alterra. http://www.ransbikes.com/ITR86.htm

John