Return to Website

Crank Forward Forum

Welcome to our forum. With the number of CF bikes growing, customers have expressed a need for a message board dedicated to CF bikes. We hope this message board gives you the chance to exchange stories or ideas that will continue the growth of Crank Forward Bikes. Feel free to post a message.

Crank Forward Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
20/20 CF Commuter

Randy- will this bike make it to market? if so, any pricing guestimate?

Re: 20/20 CF Commuter

Yes, it should be between 1200 to 1400, available soon, we will post more details with new photos. We are making some adjustments to the bike.

glad to hear it will happen! little pricier then I hoped. I'm still looking forward to it though

If we can reduce the cost we will. The plan is for a 9-pseed and that may see some reduction, but the odd thing is the frame being smaller still has the same number of welds, we only save on material costs on a small frame. Hope to have the final version up soon.

quality costs for sure. I'm very excited about the bike. Mini-velos are the "in thing" in europe and japan for commuters, and a crank forward design is all the better. Can't wait to see the final product.

I second your view. I wonder if Randy Schlitter has seen the mini velo design. They are basically downsized rigid bikes. Of course in the CF, we can keep the one sized fits all design buy have the bike "grow" to fit the rider better. Thats saves RANS a ton of money on having to build differently sized bikes for riders.

I can't quite see on the pictures. Does this 20/20 bike have a classic (Fusion-like) Rans seat, or does it have a trimmed (Alterra-style) seat ?

What seems to be the angle of the seatpost ?

To compare this bike with the Dynamik, hopefully with a correct scale based on the specified wheelbases :

mini and dynamik

Try the same Photoshop using the Alterra, as it uses it's geometry and seat pan, not the Dynamiks eh.

Regards,
~Nanda

At your service !

mini and alterra

Will it be possible to fit an E-type front derailler (mounts on the bottome bracket) to accomodate two or three chainrings? Thanks, Erik

If you have the time or patience for it, I would like to see an alterra road overlayed with:
alterra MTB
dynamik
townie sport tiagra
specialized tarmac
surly long haul trucker

that would be great

Simon
If you have the time or patience for it

I'm sorry I don't.

On the topic of the Mini Me travel bike, why was the Alterra geometry and seat chosen over the Dynamik's ?

It is more compact, that was the main idea behind this bike. We should have the final version riding in a few weeks.

Will it be possible to fit an E-type front derailler (mounts on the bottome bracket) to accomodate two or three chainrings? Thanks, Erik