bobby's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

bobby's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Belted at school

Hi doc,Ilike you had a technical teacher for a year
he used the tawse in the same situation as you described and if he forgot his tawse he would send a boy to the store to pick a dowel rod and use that on him on his buttocks fully clothed he always gave two strokes.I have seen the results of some of these ,two very red/purple welts and have seen him break the dowel on several occassions

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I went to Logie Secondary school in Dundee in the late 60s early 70s, where the tawse was used as a teaching aid on a dailly basis. They always carried the tawse or Belt as it was called over the shoulder under the jacket. Only on warm days when the teacher had to take off his jacket would he put it on the desk or in a drawer. We had one Metalwork teacher who gathered us around the front bench then individually asked everone a question about last weeks lesson. failure to answer and u had to put ur hands up for 2 doublers. Sore start to a lesson! And it made the work even more difficult. It was common for 3 to 4 boys to get belted at the start of each lesson. No wonder we gave up metalwork as soon as we could.

Re: Belted at school

I also got the cane at my school in uk, but across my bum. I would like to talk to you about all this

David

Re: Re: Belted at school

Hi David,As I went to school in Scotland,In the claasroom it was generally the tawse that was given in the school on the hands usually four or six, but for a period I was a strict boarding school where the tawse and cane were given over pj's or bare whilst bent over a desk in the wardens office or over a bed in the dorm. needless to say I had and have seen lots of well striped bottoms, yes I would like to talk to you about this.
Bobby