IFC @Meetingpoint
this is our rendez-vous for sharing, inspiration and confrontation ...
... here the other 51 weeks of the International Feature Conference

Return to Website

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Third Coast International Audio Festival

Just want to make a ringing endorsement of what julie and johanna are doing out in chicago, with the THIRD COAST.

at first, I was skeptical, because it seemed so improbable: I mean, why have a "festival" when there is literally zero cultural space for creative radio, at a national level? it was sort of like holding an astronomy workshop in a socity whose inhabitants lived with their heads stuck in the mud.

but they have a beautiful plan --- to produce a festival that creates enough friction and buzz that the sloths in the offices and focus group sessions HAVE to pay attention.

for years, I mulled how the definition of radio documentary in this country might be stretched to let in more air --- THIRD COAST may have the solution.

the competition part is secondary to the very productive discussions, disputations and dialogues that are starting to take place. from them, something new might start to fly.

(what, a few optimistic words from whitehead? --- that's a sign of how impressed I am by what they are attempting -- check out the website as a taste)

Visitors:
(Site Stats)