IFC @Meetingpoint
this is our rendez-vous for sharing, inspiration and confrontation ...
... here the other 51 weeks of the International Feature Conference

Return to Website

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Third Coast International Audio Festival

Hello to the IFC community -

Here's a short note to let you know that the Third Coast International Audio Festival (TCIAF) is now accepting entries (produced in English) into its second annual competition celebrating extraordinary documentary and feature work from around the world. Producers and audio artists are encouraged to enter creative, compelling and revealing programs that document the world we live in. The TCIAF will award prizes in the categories of best documentary, best new artist and public service, and winners will receive cash prizes of up to $6,000 in support of their creative efforts. Additionally, the TCIAF is accepting nominations for its Lifetime Achievement award.

If you'd like to receive a call for entries in the mail please send an email to info@thirdcoastfestival.org. You can also download the entry form at www.thirdcoastfestival.org .

For more information about the competition (including last year's winners) and other aspects of the festival (such as the producers' conference in Chicago later this Fall) please visit thirdcoastfestival.org or send questions to info@thirdcoastfestival.org.

I'll see some of you soon in Zagreb and will also be happy to answer any questions there.

Regards,

Julie Shapiro

Re: Third Coast International Audio Festival

Just want to make a ringing endorsement of what julie and johanna are doing out in chicago, with the THIRD COAST.

at first, I was skeptical, because it seemed so improbable: I mean, why have a "festival" when there is literally zero cultural space for creative radio, at a national level? it was sort of like holding an astronomy workshop in a socity whose inhabitants lived with their heads stuck in the mud.

but they have a beautiful plan --- to produce a festival that creates enough friction and buzz that the sloths in the offices and focus group sessions HAVE to pay attention.

for years, I mulled how the definition of radio documentary in this country might be stretched to let in more air --- THIRD COAST may have the solution.

the competition part is secondary to the very productive discussions, disputations and dialogues that are starting to take place. from them, something new might start to fly.

(what, a few optimistic words from whitehead? --- that's a sign of how impressed I am by what they are attempting -- check out the website as a taste)

Visitors:
(Site Stats)