IFC @Meetingpoint
this is our rendez-vous for sharing, inspiration and confrontation ...
... here the other 51 weeks of the International Feature Conference

Return to Website

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: multimedia

Hi,

I visited the Sharkfeed site and I’d like to know how traditional radio is used in that project. Does the Sharkfeed project contain a radio documentary/documentaries about the same theme?

I have been working for over a year now with a project, where I’ve made radio documentaries and a web site on the same subject and it has been interesting to see how the relationship between between independent radio documentaries and the web site has evolved during the process.

Best wishes,

Katarina Blomqvist

katarina.blomqvist@slapmedia.com

Re: Re: multimedia

Hi katarina, Matthew Leonard from the ABC here. I worked on the Sharkfeed project. If I understand your question - you want to know whether there is a radio documentary WITHIN the Sharkfeed project. The answer to that is no. There is a separate radio

documentary/feature which I have made about the same topic which

shares only the subject matter and some of the archival material.

Sharkfeed was an attempt however to bring some of the processes we associate with radio feature and documentary making to a new form that is still developing ways of delivering narrative and experience. The work tries to deliver different threads of the story, assuming however that people may well NOT visit every part of the site, and also may not be able to download the sound. In Australia, a lot of people in rural areas do not have fast servers and this means that the piece needs to work without the sound element if need be. Sharkfeed was not intended to be a simulacrum or substitute for the radio form, but a hybrid of: the editorial processes of radio, the possibilities of presenting multiple narratives and commentary, and the enhancing possibilities of the visual material. While you and I might be trying to ceate purpose-built work for the internet, a lot of people still see the material created for the web as merely a

good promotional opportunity. Let me know if this answers your question. I'd be keen to see some of the work you've done if you can point me to it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

I visited the Sharkfeed site and I’d like to know how traditional radio is used in that project. Does the Sharkfeed project contain a radio documentary/documentaries about the same theme?

I have been working for over a year now with a project, where I’ve made radio documentaries and a web site on the same subject and it has been interesting to see how the relationship between between independent radio documentaries and the web site has evolved during the process.

Best wishes,

Katarina Blomqvist

multimedia: the van lennep project

Hi Katarina,

heard about you from Hannu. If you're interested: visit www.vanlennep.nl

which is a tv/radio/internet/book production of RVU, with elements out of a serial of radio- and television documentaries. It was all based on a book from 1823, a walk through the Netherlands of these days. Last year the producers walked the same trip again, wondering about changes in landscape and society.

Kind regards,

Vincent

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

Best wishes,

Katarina Blomqvist

Visitors:
(Site Stats)