IFC @Meetingpoint
this is our rendez-vous for sharing, inspiration and confrontation ...
... here the other 51 weeks of the International Feature Conference

Return to Website

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply

IFC TalK
post, read and/or reply
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Future of Feature

Article:
I agree with every word, Helmut.

Vincent and David: how we can lure some of the streaming media netradio heads into the mix?

and Helmut, I too am hopelessly sentimental about mother radio, her poetry, her mystery. but I have become deeply tired from swimming upstream, and I am certain welles would think we are being FOOLISHLY sentimental, because he would argue SHE (mother radio) is deeply tired, too.

g.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Dear Gregor(ovich),

thanks for your inspiring remarks on Orson Welles and the radio !

I agree: he rather hooked than punched - without ever becoming a "hooker". As a matter of fact, the conclusion of your letter is sad concerning the future of the feature in the USA - and maybe it's future in general. "Those times are gone". In my opinion, your last sentence hits the nail: "All the qualities we look for and defend (...), will live on. But probably not on the radio". I try n o t to be sentimental about this fact (everything, even the radio tradition, is transient). But damn - I a m sentimental !

What will be "after the radio" ? It's not up to us, the old breed, to answer that question. But the young talents should. Where are they - apart of the Ake Blomstroem Contest ? We are waiting for - we are dependent on - their visions. This forum, the IFC meeting point, could be a place permanently to discuss the future of the radio. Let's hand over the password to THEM !

Helmutov

Visitors:
(Site Stats)