General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gundam 0079 Fanfic (short and OT)

Let me know what you think and if I sould continue this.

3 January UC 0079 0720 Hours:
The One Year War began with only a handful of words lasting only three seconds. “The Principality of Zeon hereby declares war on the Federation.” With Ghiren Zabi’s words, hell was unleashed on the Earth Sphere.
Zeon forces under Lt. General Dolzle Zabi attacked the space colonies at Sides 1 and 4, while his sister Major General Kycillia Zabi attacked Side 2 and moon colony of Granada. This campaign marked the beginning of the Zeon War of Independence and the first use of Mobile Suits in combat.

Side 2, 0800 Hours:
The war was not even an hour old and fighting was already fierce. At Side 2 Zeon Zaku Mobile Suits and battleships had nullified the Federation’s naval power and already the battle seemed to be won in space. However, the colonies still needed pacifying.

A green MS-06F Zaku II advanced cautiously to the air lock located on the west side of the colony. Fighting had moved on, as Zeon swept away Federation resistance, however the occasional commando unit still fired on unsuspecting Zeon’s.
A small shock wave on the other side of the hull gave the Zaku II pilot the signal he needed. “Sir, the advance team has given the signal.” Second Lieutenant Gerald Thompson said over the communication system. He waved his Zaku’s arms as well.
His words came in a little garbled due to Minovsky Particle interference, but coupled with his MS’ motion, Major Jeffery Brown understood the message. “Alright, Mobile Suit troops proceed. Infantry stay here in cause of a surprise enemy attack or recall order.” The Major spoke in a gruff voice, a veteran of the Side Three Revolution years before he would have been a Colonel at least had he not turned down promotions to continue piloting.
The Major’s green and black MS-05B seemed a little out of place with the newer MS-06Cs and MS-06Fs he commanded, but it was still a highly capable machine in the hands of a capable pilot. The Major’s Suit was also distinguished by having a backpack on. The car-sized attachment lowered the Suits mobility, but carried additional weapons for the mission. As the airlock opened it reveled a Zaku I, armed with a bazooka. “What is your report?” Major Brown asked in a demanding voice.
“Sir, we located enemy artillery, tanks, infantry, and a pair of helicopters,” the young Staff Sergeant said as he sent imagery to the Major’s battle management system.
“No match for us,” the Major said studying the pictures. “We’ll have this colony liberated before lunch.”
“Sir, those helicopters may prove to be troublesome, especially if they outflank us.” 2Lt Thompson said.
“We won’t let that happen, Lieutenant,” the Major said. “Now move out.”

As the six Zakus entered the colony, the expanse of the colony spread out before them. Above them was a vast forest, while a lake and city dominated the clear land before the, a small hilly area blocked their view of the land directly below them. The Major’s Zaku pointed at the two Zaku’s , the other Zaku I and a C model Zaku II. “You two will stay here and provide cover should those helicopters attack or if any artillery opens up. I’ll also send you a signal to fire once each into the city to stir things up. The rest of you come with me,” the Major ordered.
The Major’s Zaku I, a Zaku II C, 2Lt Thompson’s and another F model Zaku II, all armed with machine guns, slid their way down the hills into the city below. There they found a ghost town.
“Sir, I’m not picking up anything on my visual scanner,” the Lt said.
“That’s because you aren’t using the proper system, switch to sonar,” the Major said.
The sonar system was only short range, but in the age of Minovsky warfare it was highly effective.
“Sir, I see them, there’s a four tanks less the three blocks from here.”
“Good, at least you can read you systems right,” the Major said. “I hope the good Sergeant picks a good target.” His Zaku reached to its weapon carrier on his Suits hip and grabbed a cracker. “Everyone switch to sonar now.”
A second later he threw the cracker straight into the air, and it exploded high above them. Within moments two bazooka shells impacted on the tallest buildings in the city, penetrating and exploding inside them, within moments the top floors of the structures fell, scatter debris as they impacted the ground. For a few moments nobody could get any good readings due to the debris coming down like a metallic snow.
“Alright, everyone ready you weapons,” the Major said, cocking his machine gun. His Suit seemed to tense up. “Charge!” he yelled, as his Suit lunged forward, it weapon pointed forward. The Zaku IIs followed suit, but with there shoulder shields pointed ahead for additional protections.
As they cleared the fire and smoke a hail of machine gun and tank fire greeted them. The small arms merely bounced off the Zaku’s armor, while the tank gunners panicked, missing repeatedly. The Major fired at the tanks in rapid succession taking three out in a matter of seconds, the fourth tank tried to retreat, but 2Lt Thompson attacked it with his heat hawk, cutting deep into the crew compartment, when he pulled the hawk out it was covered in oil and blood.
Thompson took a moment to regard his weapon, the black and crimson fluids that covered his heat hawk mesmerized him in a haunting matter, before he could begin to think of what he truly did, the enemy artillery opened up. Using a mixture of rockets and heavy shells, the artillery pounded the area around the Zaku’s as the Federation gunners tried to get their sights.
“Damn it Sergeant, where is our support?” the Major called from his Zaku I.
As if on cue the two Zaku’s on the hill opened up, their aim true and the artillery was silenced.
The Zaku II C pilot on the ground called to the Major. “Sir, I’m picking up something strange on sonar sir. It’s a faint signal.”
The Major regarded the signal. “They’re using stealth helicopter, we can’t pick them up very well.” He frowned. “Sergeant, do you see them?”
“Sir, I’m picking them up, but our targeting system can not guarantee a hit at that range, and we are down to only three shells between us,” the SSgt said.
“Alright, everyone scatter, and take out any resistance you find,” the Major said. “I’ll lure the helicopters into range.
The Zakus went off in different directions. The Major’s own Zaku I bounded on top of a building, firing wildly in the general direction of the helicopters. “Come on, you stupid Feddies, bring it!” the Major said, laughing.
The copters took the bait rushing in to fire at the Zaku. They fired their rockets, which impacted on the building the Major’s Zaku was standing on. Falling, the Major was relieved to see two rockets coming from the opposite directing headed toward the helicopters. His sonar system registered the explosions from the enemy units as he impacted the ground. His body was jarred, but he was protected from any serious harm from his normal suit and his Zaku’s armor. The Major lay there for a moment, cautiously manipulating the Zaku I’s limbs. Everything was in working order. His Suit got up and looked around, the occasional burst of Zaku machine gun, followed by explosions greeted his ears every few moments.
“Everyone, report.” Major Brown ordered. Within moments all of his troops had called in. Resistance was light, and the battle would be over soon. “Infantry units gather around my Zaku immediately. Support units prepare to withdraw.”
A few minutes later the three other infantry Zaku’s were gathered around. The Zaku I reached into its backpack and began pulling out grenade launchers. The other three Zaku’s each received one. “I don’t care where just fire these and get out,” the Major said. The four Suits did so simultaneously. Instead of exploding in sending out shrapnel, the grenades gave off a misty vapor as the exploded.”
“Sir, is that what I think that is?” 2Lt Thompson said, as the vapor began to spread, carried by the colony’s artificial wind.
“Yes, its gas. I know it’s a nasty tactic, but you have no idea how important this colony is to our battle plan.”
“But sir, what about the Colonist, aren’t they Spacenoids too. Aren’t we fighting for their liberation?” Lieutenant Thompson protested.
“Their sacrifice will allow Zeon to achieve victory. Now everyone move out,” Major Brown said.
2Lt. Thompson opened his mouth, but said nothing, as the Zakus began to leave the colony, as the citizens in the bunkers scattered around the colony began to suffocate to death from the gas.

Re: Gundam 0079 Fanfic (short and OT)

the last time I tried to post here bnet acted up so you never heard my responce to the work you did fookerheero geh I dont recollect exactly what I said but I know I did like the fanfic, I liked it a lot infact are you going to keep this singular detail, or are you planning to sort of scatter attention across the myrad events of the war?

Re: Re: Gundam 0079 Fanfic (short and OT)

Well, that's two people who seem to like it I was going to continue writing it anyways. For the first time since I started writing, I actually thought what I wrote was good. What I was planning to do was following this group of soldiers, maininly the Major and 2Lt and their role in the One Year War, they'll be there for some major battles, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the cliched appearence by the RX-78-2 or any other RX-78 series MS for that matter (RX-79s are another matter, there were about 25 or so produced so maybe they'll run into one) I want to tell the story of two men and how the cause they beleived in crumbled around them.

Re: Re: Re: Gundam 0079 Fanfic (short and OT)

Awesome. I love stories in which theres a few people fighting fo an ideal, and then they see that ideal crumble as the war they're fighting is lost by their side. I look forward to reading part 2!