General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gundam Wing Figure Rerelease?

Came across a few GW Figures this week. This seem to be a release of the first edition GW figures (rather then the shinier versions released after the first run).This is supoorted by the fat their are ads for Battle Scared figures on the back. They're also releasing figures for the Magunac Corps that are brand new. The models are also having a new release as well, being released in boxes smilar to the new G Gndam boxes. That's real cool for us that missed out the first time.....Now release some more UC stuff!

This rerelease seem to consists of the model kits (I'ved seen Altron, D Hell, and Wing Zero), and figures (I've seen three kinds of Magunacs, Sandrock and Heavyarms) If you see any others let me know!!!!

Re: Gundam Wing Figure Rerelease?

Well, they're not exactly rereleases; they're new molds of the same mecha. For instance, the face on the old Sandrock was more pinched and had a smaller crest on the head, and the backpack was more flush against the torso on the sides. My friend Levi picked up the new Sandrock and keeps complaining about the backpack popping off when he moves its arms; my old Sandrock doesn't have this problem at all. Don't know about the differences with the Heavyarms, since all we found was the Sandrock.

The only regular Wing figures being released are the ones you saw on the back--Heavyarms, Sandrock, and the three Magunacs; deluxe transforming Wing Gundam and Epyon figures are on their way, though. I was hoping for a Taurus this time out myself, but oh well.

As for Universal Century stuff, a smattering of Zeta Gundam figures should be out soon, including Titans and AEUG colored Gundam Mk. II's, the Zeta, and the Hyaku Shiki with Mega Bazooka Launcher.

BTW, in case you haven't heard, Del Rey is going to start publishing manga, and one of their first titles is going to be the Gundam SEED manga adaptation, despite the fact that Bandai keeps on saying that SEED is still a ways off in their Gundam U.S. release plans. I find this to be a little odd.

Re: Re: Gundam Wing Figure Rerelease?

I noticed a few differences, I figured they were US releases of the Japanese MSIA. Anyways, I'm dying for Zeta Gundam. They're supposed to release a box set of the subbed version before they release the dub only DVDs. That doesn't make sense to me, but hey, Gundam in better subbed. I don't play with my Gundam's I just display them (I have a foot tall RX-78 on my desk at work, the MSGT I work with thinks its funny they way I always replace my current mecha with an even better one a couple of weeks later)Also the latest rumor amongst Gundam fans is that Bandai is going to release Seed over here after Zeta and Superior Defender. Also Gundam Seed 2 is supposidly in the works for 2004 and another Gundam show for 2005.

Sieg Zeon!

* drool * ... Sandrock... Heavy Arms...

I should hunt these down a buy them, before I miss out on them like I did a couple of years ago. Thanks for info! I never would have known otherwise.