General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Rant and....

Is this board and site . It's been a while since anyone has posted, and even then its usually me and Cody talking Azumanga. Is this the end of the RR, I thought with the Remasters and new comics we'd see some action here. But, its er then ever. I still make a point to visit this site whenever I'm online, out of loyalty to our hope that this would be a place where Robotech fans could talk and discuss this special show with out fellow Techers without fear of flame. Maybe it was due to out small size, we never had more then a dozen regulars for. Maybe when the Zine came into being, we lost a need or this board (the Zine is a bit of rant within itself). In the end it seems we have run out of things to say. I'm as guilty as any other, going long periods without posting, and when I did post I posted about life or my other interest. I guess after 6 or so years of fandom, as long as I've been a fan, you will run out of things to say...I think I may have.

Re: A Rant and....

I know how you feel fokkerheero. You should know I haven't posted here at all even though I visit and my posting on the RDF HQ has fallen off too.

Its not that I don't like Robotech anymore, its just that I think that the market is flooded with stuff that repeats the same story over and over again too much. How many times do we have to see the events from the Macross saga told over and over again? I'd have to say I've been a big fan since 1998 when RT was on Cartoon Network. 1998 was also the year that I got into other anime also. I don't watch the same stuff I watched 6 years ago and it would have been silly for me to not try out other shows.

There's not much you can do about fading nostalgia, except maybe walk away from it for awhile and then come back to the thing you love.

eveversion4

Re: Re: A Rant and....

Well, I understand how you feel.

I troll around here once in a while. I started hanging out less and less because I wasn't getting much of a response to the things that I was posting about, usually game related.

Since I'm here, I may as well speak on the subject. I haven't seen the new cleaned-up version of Robotech, but I know that it CAN'T be worth any more money.

I've been a fan since 1986. I've bought the DVD's and I used to want to see a new series. But now, I really have no more interest in Robotech because all HG has done is keep quality products from entering into the US and squeeze more money out of us with their "remastered" DVD's. They don't even have any cool T-shirts.
Since they own the distribution rights to these shows, all they have to do is ship in the stuff from Asia and slap the Robotech name on it. Simple. But no, they've gotta be like Microsoft and horde everything and shove their sub-standard toys in our faces.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I know how you feel fokkerheero. You should know I haven't posted here at all even though I visit and my posting on the RDF HQ has fallen off too.

Its not that I don't like Robotech anymore, its just that I think that the market is flooded with stuff that repeats the same story over and over again too much. How many times do we have to see the events from the Macross saga told over and over again? I'd have to say I've been a big fan since 1998 when RT was on Cartoon Network. 1998 was also the year that I got into other anime also. I don't watch the same stuff I watched 6 years ago and it would have been silly for me to not try out other shows.

There's not much you can do about fading nostalgia, except maybe walk away from it for awhile and then come back to the thing you love.

eveversion4

Re: A Rant and....

hmm shame eh? been a long while since I have cropped up thats for sure, how is everyone?