General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The State of Your Fandom

I agree. It's natural. And it's not something to be scared of.

Everything in life is a closed ended circle. For now, your interests turn towards other venues. But eventually, you will long for somehting different.

Then one day you pull out the old robotech dvd's, and watch them with renewed vigor again, It's called nastalgia.

And it all comes full circle as you get enthused and buy some more comics.

Cap'n Gloval

(p.s. my fandom wasn't doing good at all, but now I'm back on the rr posting again, see? It all works out.)

Re: The State of Your Fandom

I think you just got burnt out. I happens. Like me and Star Wars when I was like 13-14 (now I pretty much hate SW except the original 3 films and some select EU).

Me? Mine is one the wane aswell. I haven't watched any Robotech since this past August when a friend bought me the Mospeada collection for a graduation gift.

Two years ago if you came into my room I would probably be watching Robotech. Nowadays you would probably find me watching an Alias or Stargate DVD, or something in the Gundam universe.

Which doesn't mean I don't like RT anymore, it's just that currently Robotech isn't one of my strongest interests.

Interests run in cycles, and Robotech was dominating my cycle for a while, and it's taking a break, so that I don't start to dislike it. In due course, on a whim, Ill bust out the first Macross saga DVD and start over again. but who knows when that will be?...