General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RT.com thread started my your's truly. Worth checking out...

You have the link?

Re: Re: RT.com thread started my your's truly. Worth checking out...

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=1030034&forumid=23

Re: Re: Re: RT.com thread started my your's truly. Worth checking out...

Having read the thread and seen Tommy & Steve's explanations as to how and why we're getting the remastered Robotech, I have this to say:

Yeah, that's what I *thought* happened. Macek said "never" and the current regime looked at one another and went, "Hmm, what if he's wrong." And lo and behold, he was. We should have seen it coming; consider that there's only one reason ADV would ever have gone to any length to restore Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross (it's Southern freakin' Cross, for crying out loud), especially at the price they're selling it for, and that's to use as fodder for a revamped, restored Robotech.

But hey, I don't know about you, but I'm always going to cherish my fuzzy, grainy DVDs of the original TV series because it's the last place any of us are ever going to see that static-covered Robotech logo, those wavy green '80s video effects, and some of those odd oh-so-lousy edits we've come to know over so many years and repeat viewings. (I assume we're gonna see Zor Prime's shot actually pass through that last Master this time out.) If Harmony Gold is going through with this on all cylinders, it may also be the last time we see other classic flubs, like Scott and Lancer's swapped voices ... but I guess we'll have to wait and see. (Wonder how long ...)

And remember, Carl Macek also said in 1994 that we were never, in all our lives, going to see a new Robotech TV series. And yet, Harmony Gold is sitting here gearing up for a new TV series for next year.

Robotech Rule #1: Don't trust Macek, especially when he says "never".

--JLS