General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help! I need help!

Guys, especially fokkerheero, I need your help! I have a great story idea, I've even done some writing on it, but I'm not certain I'm Talented Enough to finish this. Tell me what you think, and feel free to add ideas or suggestions.

Cap'n Gloval

[P.S. I'm gonna attach the story as another post, less mess.]

Story Idea

story idea

a spaceship carying thousands of people in cryo-stasis, their minds connected to the main computer. A tragic accident occurs, they all die. the computer, attempting to do what it can, downloads their minds to it's own databanks to save them.

Thousands of minds, all saying different things. the artificial intelligence of the ship goes insane, because of all the minds. In an attempt to kill itself by activating one warp drive in one direction, and the other in the other direction, creates a temporal disruption.

a millenia go by, and the ship suddenly pulls out of its time disruption. the time is present day. at atlantic command, they see first an entirely empty screen except for the International Space Station, and a few satellites. a second later they see a extremely large blip about 200 miles from the ISS.

Immediate dispatch of local telescopes reports to AC that what they see is nothing short of miraculous. an amazingly alien looking ship, and some debris. AC calls the president. The president has a press conference. afterwards, AC contacts NASA and requests they set up the shuttle for the nearest launch.

2 months go by before the launch, and the ship is still there. After a lot of study about the ship, and everything from chaos to wonderment happening because of the ship, nobody is ready for what they are about to see. The shuttle is launched. upon arrival to the alien ship, they see the ship turn itself on, lights engage, and the ship moves to interecept the shuttle. a large door opens, and the shuttle enters.

Then as suddenly as the this all happens, it all ends, lights shut off, and the ship stops, the door closes behind them. NASA losses all contact beetween them and the shuttle. inside the alien ship the shuttle is still floating in zero g. the astronauts look at their gauges, and the area is pressurized, and the gas is breathable. the shuttle slowly desends to the bottom of the hangar, and suddenly gravity is restored. inner lights activate, and the astronauts can now see the inner details of the ship.

they exit the shuttle, with their space suits on, in a cautious but excited departure. walking through what looks like a welder went insane and melted ships, tools, and everything that used to be in the hangar. the door to the next section appears melted and twisted. one of the astronauts says his father mentioned something looking similar to this on the uss philadelphia, but not as drastic.

They squeeze through the holes in the melted door, and see a long triangular hallway, fairly short. the crouching astronauts hunch along to an intersection. assuming that the head or front of the ship is north, they headed north in the hallway to a round door. as they reach the door part of the ships wiring reaches out of the wall at one of the male astronauts, choking him. the other stronauts fight it off, and then they all turn back to the exit. before they can reach it, the hallway collapses, sealing them in the ship.

turning around and looking at where the wiring was strangling the astronaut, they see another wire, pointing down the hall to the east. they creep along the wall and slip past it, going east. they come to another intersection. Here they see what looks like giant cylanders lining the walls. upon looking closer they see remains of aliens, their eyes sunken in, and the skin looks boiled. as they get closer to the stasis pods, the door behind them closes sealing them in.

Along the north wall is a panel of computers, still running. On further inspection, they realize that the layout of the desks and the design of the computers there are not human, There is a keying device, but the keys are to small, are rounded in a tear shape, and do not have any language the astronauts have ever seen. one computer flickers a bit, then displays video footage of the ship and crew, none of which are currently alive, from what they see.

One of the astronauts sees a dial and some numeric scratches, and turns it. All of a sudden they see aliens in the room with them, through the video screen. At first to frightened to look back, the astronauts freeze. it takes them several minutes before they realize what they are seeing is a tape of what transpired earlier, much earlier.

They can see the medical bay in one of the lower sections of the video screen, and as the time lap shows, the scientist and doctors of the alien race were working rapidly, but to no avail, as you see them die right in the medlab. another screen shows the hundreds of aliens in stasis pods, hoping to escape the terrible plague that killed them all.

they see a few die first, then in a what appears to be 3 days time according to the ticks on the screen, they all die. about 20 minutes later you see a flash, and then, earth, and a shuttle approaching. what the astronauts just saw, is at best described as awing, and terrifying. One of the astronauts, a woman named sarah, sits on of the small seats next to the desk, and just stares at the floor in a gaze, without saying a word. silence fills the room for atleast 10 minutes.

At this time the leader of the group, Sarah, says, "well we have a job to do, lets get it over with". she tells the others to look for a way to contact earth. the chief tech head, a man by the name of henry, is working on the computer system, and makes small attempts to undo whatever is jamming the system, but to no avail. as he gets up to go over to the other consoles, the whole system short circuits, and renders the equipment inoperable.

Well what do you think?
CapnGloval
-denny

Re: Story Idea

I'll be honest, I think that may turn out into a good story, all according to how you play with the premise. Will the US use this ship for its teconology? How did the rest of the world react? What about the people on board the ship, are they still in cryo-statis or are they dead? What about the computer? There are numberous questions that can be asked by your pitch. However, in the end I think you've shown a good amount of imagination as it is, and I would like to see what you can do with it. If you need help with the English or making things sound a bit better, I'll gladly help.

In the end, its up to you what to do with your idea. I have tons myself for fan-fic and original ideas (perfer writing fan fics at the momemnt, but one day I will write the Great American novel I write around one pitch a week, and trash it, even if it looks promising (still has RT/GW nagging at me, especially the civil war between the Zents and Masters that Earth was going to get caught up in) Well, me and my friend have been actually thinking about a Doushinji (prolly a Azumanga Dioah/Love Hina crossover). But, if you want to see your story come into fruitian, go for it. At the very least have some fun with it.

Thanks FokkerHeero!

I really didnt think it was that good. I am gonna keep on working on it.

-Denny