GCDP Discussion Boards

Please feel free to join in! 
You may use an alias if you wish.  Your email is not required unless you want to be notified of responses.

Open Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should we boycott our Republican elected officials?

It seems this should be discussed.
It was made clear at the last meeting that some people object to an appearance of support for our Elected Republican Representative Terrazas by attending or even publicizing his Town Hall meeting. But he is the person representing our District in the Roundhouse in this coming session.

I disagree with this opinion because this is our only opportunity to make our desires clear and openly discussed with him and even reported in the local paper. It was annoying when Republicans would come to the Town Halls of Rudy Martinez and harass him over Right To Choose issues with slander and disruptive statements. Their behavior was certainly inappropriate and childish, but should they have not come at all? Don't we have a responsibility to challenge any misinformation he shares with his followers? I don't think we have any business challenging him at a Grant County Republican Party meeting - or do we? It would certainly require our being civil and restrained, but would it be appropriate at all?

It is, however, likely that anything we might say would be ignored. We could not have a reasonable discussion in this setting. Would it be a giant waste of time? Should we at least get his report on the coming session? I would like to hear what our Grant County Democrats think on this question. Can we determine a majority opinion even though each individual is free to go or not according to their own feelings.

Please leave out any name calling of The Republicans or individuals. This is not about #45 even though so many of that Party are loyalists. I am asking about what our behavior should be.