Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: kineton nosebands ?????

a kineton noseband is a harsh peice of equipment and should be used with care,heavy hands on this noseband can cause the horse to rear up,as all the pressure from this noseband is placed on the nose and the mouth.

in general the noseband can be used with any type of bit,but i must stress it must be used with care.

i feel you should look at why your horse is up to old tricks again,and try some schooling by going back to basics,a ex racehorse is very difficult to re-train as they are prone to pull which is all they know and you must realise the horse is inly doing what he's been trained to do,i have a ex racer,a 15.3hh tb by broadswaord usa,ive had her a year now and she used to be exactley the same,but in 6 months i have affilated her and we've just moved up to a grade b,she now has the manners of a saint! if you wish to e-mail me privatley for advice/help my e-mail is goneshowjumping@hotmail.com

good luck with your horse,kim atkinson(BHSAI)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i used to ride a very strong cob in one of these nosebands, i think he was ridden in a fulmer snaffle with the long sides, Hope this helps,

Hannah

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have just purchased a kineton noseband for my ex race horse who is dificult to stop.

Does anybody know what bit I can use with this noseband.

I currently am using an American Gag, which he is now getting used to and he is up to his old tricks again !!!!!

Thanks