Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Head Shaking

i have a mare who constantley tosses her head when being ridden, shes naturally a very fizzy horse is this a form of head shaking as ive been putting a martingale on her as i just thought it was her being strong to ride, i thought i would ask as you should know having a headshaker yourself.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank you Vicki , I will try this and hopefully things will improve

Angela

Replying to:

hi! my mare used to do this to! we tried a nose net and fly veil with ears. we found this helped A LOT!

hope this helps you

vicki

Replying to:

My mare tends to shake her head alot mainly when being ridden , I have checked her browband and that is not too tight , it is really annoying when you are riding , does anyone have any ideas for a cure ?????

Or what could be a possible cause ????

Thank you

Angela

Re: Head Shaking

Hi,

A pony I recently bought was almost unridable because of head shaking. His teeth where in a terrible state so check this if you havn't already done so. However the shaking continued. I have found that he does not accept nets on his nose when ridden but a stocking is accepted and works a treat! So as long as you don't mind a few stares give it a try. Just pull it over the mouth and nose and tuck it under the noseband! Also if it is hay fever an old method of giving a couple of teaspoonfuls of LOCAL honey in a feed each day eleviates the symptoms. Good luck!! Chris

Replying to:

My mare tends to shake her head alot mainly when being ridden , I have checked her browband and that is not too tight , it is really annoying when you are riding , does anyone have any ideas for a cure ?????

Thank you

Angela

Re: Head Shaking

Dear Angela

Boy do I understand - my boy had it. I did all the usual check tack, back, me! teeth, vet who wanted to drill a hole in his lovely 5 year old head and then some saint told me about Belinda. If you check all the above and get no joy e-mail me at the above and I will give you her number. Its a bit of a strange experience and you must be open minded but she is the only person I have ever heard of who can deal with this problem without you having to resort to selling your mare (which can work - new area/owner). I 100% am thrilled with what she did for my boy. By the bye dont leave her headshaking for long as it is habit forming and can get worse, my boy fell down when I rode him once scary.

good luck and it is curable dont listen to the doom merchants

sassers

Replying to:

Thank you

Angela