Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????

the best that i can recommend is Alvasweet Itch Controller. u have to apply it quite alot at first but it really worked for us. it basically helps to sooth the itching but it can be quite costly. they have a website.

the URL is www.alva-inter.com

vicki

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I think I will have to get one , have you tried any of the 'sweet itch' sprays, do they work and can you recommend one ?????

Thanks

Angela

Replying to:

hi! (me again) yes they do work. we had one for our gelding. they worked really for him. we got the full set with hood and belly piece as well as the main rug. hope it goes well.

vicki

Replying to:

before I invest in a 'fly rug ' or boett blanket that helps equines with sweet itch, Do they really work ?????

Thank You

Angela

Re: Re: Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????

just to say that we had a new gelding 4 months ago who has sweet itch and we have brought a fly rug from the Derby house catologue which includes the neck cover and it only cost 40 pounds it is fantastic but only comes in one colour which is purple, also we use pure essential oil of lavinder mixed with water in a spray bottle sprayed on his mane and tail morning and night the pure aloe vera gel on top of the lavinder because the flys/midges dont like the taste of the lavinder and the aloe vera gel soothes the skin and helps the hair growth and new skin renewal. it took only 4 weeks of doing this and oakley now has about an 1nch of new tail. hope this helps. good luck marie.

Replying to:

I think I will have to get one , have you tried any of the 'sweet itch' sprays, do they work and can you recommend one ?????

Thanks

Angela

Replying to:

hi! (me again) yes they do work. we had one for our gelding. they worked really for him. we got the full set with hood and belly piece as well as the main rug. hope it goes well.

vicki

Replying to:

before I invest in a 'fly rug ' or boett blanket that helps equines with sweet itch, Do they really work ?????

Thank You

Angela

Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????

We Have a fly rug and it works really well I would recomend it!

Replying to:

Thank You

Angela

Re: Do Fly Rugs Work ?????

I have a little shetland pony who has a boett sweet itch blanket on. The flies used to drive her mad and she would itch herself to the extent of leaving sores that wouldnt heal. After getting the blanket, she may look odd, but it works and she is a lot happier. She certainly does not rub to the extent that she did. My farrier says that they are effective as he sees a lot of horses wearing them