Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???

A pony at our stables died of grass sickness a few years ago. The vet said this can lay dormant for years. No other animal has died of this since.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi

i would say something. even if she doesnt take your advice then you will have done your part on trying to save this pony and you would feel better if the worst did happen to this pony.

hope this helps

vicki

Replying to:

Unfortunately one of my ponies died about 6 yrs ago , I think he had grass sickness as a pony had died about 3 years previously of this in the same field and the symptoms sounded the same.

I am worried as no-one grazed the land again until now !!!!! should I say something to the lady who has put her ponies on this field ??? or will I been seen as interfering ???

Re: Does anyone have information about grass sickness ???

I have a very informative video on the subject of grass sickness.......watch out for it on the CHARITY AUCTION coming soon!!

Replying to:

Unfortunately one of my ponies died about 6 yrs ago , I think he had grass sickness as a pony had died about 3 years previously of this in the same field and the symptoms sounded the same.

I am worried as no-one grazed the land again until now !!!!! should I say something to the lady who has put her ponies on this field ??? or will I been seen as interfering ???