Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board

Welcome to Horse-Tack-Exchange's Message Board! Feel free to include your horse and pony problems or start a new topic!

Horse-Tack-Exchange Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: sweet itch problem

Hi,

Now we're nearing the end of summer this prob won't be much use, but I've found that once they've been bitten, camomile lotion stops the itching and makes it a lot more comfortable for them and saves a bit of the mane and tail too!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi,,i just thought i,d tell you about the miricle cure i have found for my welshx id sweetich,,well ive been using KILL ICH its in a blue container if you cover your horses mane & tail & any other bits in this then put fly spray on top this is wonderfull, my horse has now got a mane & tail thanks to this,, KILL ICH hope its helps you to,,,louise.

Replying to:

Hi

Thanks for the advice I will definatly try the miracle mist, it sounds like it will be useful for alot of things !!!!!! Does it work on ponies with no brakes ????? only joking !!!! Thanks again ....... Horse mad

Replying to:

Have you tried Miracle Mist?

I've not tried it on sweet itch but I think it's worked on everything I've tried it on. eg: bite from another horse that I couldn't get to heal, skinned legs from getting stuck in the canal, allergic reaction to Phaser fly spray, brushing injuries etc,etc.

Good luck,

horseygal.

Replying to:

What is the best thing to use on my ponies sweet itch problem ???

has any one found anything that really works, thanks, Horse mad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sweet itch problem

Hi Just to remind you its time to start sweet itch treatment no matter how you have chosen to to treat it! Our Boette went on last weekend and you should start with the lotions and potions now too. Good luck and let battle commence!!

Replying to:

Hi,

Now we're nearing the end of summer this prob won't be much use, but I've found that once they've been bitten, camomile lotion stops the itching and makes it a lot more comfortable for them and saves a bit of the mane and tail too!

Replying to:

hi,,i just thought i,d tell you about the miricle cure i have found for my welshx id sweetich,,well ive been using KILL ICH its in a blue container if you cover your horses mane & tail & any other bits in this then put fly spray on top this is wonderfull, my horse has now got a mane & tail thanks to this,, KILL ICH hope its helps you to,,,louise.

Replying to:

Hi

Thanks for the advice I will definatly try the miracle mist, it sounds like it will be useful for alot of things !!!!!! Does it work on ponies with no brakes ????? only joking !!!! Thanks again ....... Horse mad

Replying to:

I've not tried it on sweet itch but I think it's worked on everything I've tried it on. eg: bite from another horse that I couldn't get to heal, skinned legs from getting stuck in the canal, allergic reaction to Phaser fly spray, brushing injuries etc,etc.

Good luck,

horseygal.

Replying to:

Re: Re: sweet itch problem

my shetland pony has very bad sweet itch all her tail had

gone so i cannot show her this year but i have been putting

on aloe propolis cream with good results morning and evening

Replying to:

Good luck,

horseygal.

Replying to:

Re: sweet itch problem

the best answer to sweet itch is the Boett blanket www.sweetitch.com, I have just started using it now my friend has used it for two years now and swears by it also try Deep sea Magik shampoo to wash their manes and tails it help the healing process but fly spray only work for two hours so be carefull but call the sweet itch people on 01352 771718 they are amazing good luck let me know how you get on

Replying to:

Re: sweet itch problem

Hi, We have a Welsh Sec A who has horrific sweet itch every spring and every year it has gotten worse but last year we bought a Boett Blanket, neck and head cover. As long as you get it on before April the sweet itch is kept at bay and the midges can't bite. Willow is kept in a paddock surrounded by electric fencing to protect the sheet from tears on the fencing and as long as he wears the full ensamble he has a comfortable year and keeps his mane tail and rump intact! They are expensive, ours cost £140 I think, but you get a full info pack and patches for repairs and the company are really hepful. In the long run it is cheaper than buying tubs of potions and lotions and everyone who has one swears by them, just read the magazine reviews!

Replying to: