Return to Website

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -

Exchange experience,ideas, and help others with spinal cord injury and paralysis. You are not alone :)

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BROKEN BACK

I broke L-4 35 years ago. Spinal nerves were pinched and injured. Surgery was performed,pressure was released from spinal cord and 3 vertebras splices together. Left leg was stone dead for 6 months or more. After much therapy of which swimming was most helpful I have a dropped left foot which I have learned to overcome and a little back discomfort which I'm so used to I don't notice it. I'm close to 70 and retired but work every day and do more and lift heavy objects (carefully] than most people my age. If you have a back injury and have the ability to move even the slightest amount keep working on what little motion you have and with the right attitude and positive thinking you will be surprised with the progress you will make. I know how it feels when things aren't working and also how it feels when you start to see results. If can answer any questions pertaining to my type injury I would be glad to. G.M.