Return to Website

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -

Exchange experience,ideas, and help others with spinal cord injury and paralysis. You are not alone :)

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medtronic Neurostimulator?????

I am going to a spine clinic Monday to discuss having a Medtronic Pain Neurostimulator put in my lower back and have the wire attached to my spine. I have had one surgury with two fusions between my shoulder blades by another surgeon. He left so I just got with this new one. I was told I had spinal cord compression and was lucky not to be parlylized. My arms where hurting and ribs prior to having this surgery. (pinching in shoulders and elbows sore to touch along with little finger gettig numb. I also went to surgene in the first place about my lower back, which I had a prior epidural on and it made things worse, which I have several bad disc's. One has edema, which I was told because something was irratating it to make it swell. Just standing, setting and walking too long does this. I also have one seting on one of the nervers. This new doctor told me something was wrong with my back where the ribs hurt and told me the disc was too close to being gone at the bottom of my back. Now, I will have a lot of questions to ask Monday about my back and this gadget they want to transplant. If anyone knows of these or experienced them I would like to know. I also read where this can be a put off for surgery, which if this is the case I will not go for this at all. I am 53 and in very good health and don't want to wait till they tell me I'm too old and I end up a bed case in a lot of pain in later years. I do have degenerative joints along with the artheritis which comes with them and PAIN. They say this can cause the weakness in my arms and legs in this book on this stimulator. But then I was also told the weakness in arms and legs could be from compression of spinal cord too long. I've just needed answers for tooo long and it's about time I get them. I have blabbered on too long and basicly want to know if any of you know of these spinal stimulators? Thanks for listening and for any responses.