Return to Website

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -

Exchange experience,ideas, and help others with spinal cord injury and paralysis. You are not alone :)

- Andy's Spinal Cord Injury Forum -
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please help with my research!

Help with research needed!

I am a graduate student at Rutgers University doing my dissertation on physical disability and romantic relationships. I am currently recruiting people for participation in my research. You do not necessarily have to be in a romantic relationship in order to participate in this study.

I am looking for 50 people with congenital physical disabilities (such as cerebral palsy or spina bifida) and 50 people with spinal cord injuries incurred after age 16. People with spinal cord injuries should be at least 2 years post-injury.

Specifically, I am looking for:

o people with primarily mobility impairments;

o people living in the metro New Jersey area;

o people who are 20-50 years old;

o people whose disabilities are stable and non-progressive;

o people without brain injuries or other cognitive impairments.

Participation will consist of answering a few paper-and-pencil questionnaires. These can be done in person, over the phone, or by mail, depending on your preference. Total time involvement should take about 30-45 minutes.

All answers will be used for research purposes only, and every effort will be made to protect the confidentiality of the participants.

If you meet the above guidelines and would like to be involved, please contact me at 1-800-248-3221, ext 6997 or e-mail me at khwang@kmrrec.org.

Thank you very much!

Karen Hwang, M.Ed

Predoctoral Research Fellow

Kessler Medical Rehabilitation Research & Education Corp.