For more information contact:
Glen Morris,
218 North Woodlawn Avenue
Griffith, Indiana 46319
USA

or visit me at:
www.freewebs.com/AmeriBrit

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

1. Announcing a new web site: www.freewebs.com/ameribrit that wants to document anyone who was involved in the World War II German occupation of the island of Guernsey, the Channel Islands, or anyone who was in the British Army, Navy, RAF, or anyone who worked in the factories. Also welcomed are its citizens, whether you were a Guernsey child who was deported to mainland England for the duration of the war and you wish to tell your story, or you were a parent or child who stayed on Guernsey and you want to share how you survived just getting your daily food and needs. Also welcomed are those who worked in Civil Defense and watched for German planes off of your coast.
2. Just because you do not have a World War II story, I want you to brag on your town as it is today, mail or e-mail your pictures to be posted on my site. What makes you different from the rest of the world?

My name is Glen Morris. I am a World War II researcher, who is an American of British ancestry. I am primarily interested in the German occupation of Guernsey, but I also want to hear any stories of the war, or of domestic life now. I am also very interested in anyone of British ancestry with the last name of Morris. Hopefully, I want to trace my family roots back to England from the states of Wisconsin and Nebraska.

There is no cost for anything–just your time. It is all for fun and for history. This is a family friendly site suitable for children doing their World War II history projects.

This site is new and will continue to grow, especially as you contribute your story.

FEEL FREE TO EDIT THIS RELEASE TO FIT YOUR FORMAT.
IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON USING THIS RELEASE, THANK YOU, ANYWAY FOR YOUR TIME, GOD BLESS, AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Re: Seeking information about the Occupation

Was in Guernsey during the War years, 9 yrs old when the Germans arrived so have quite clear memories of the many things that happened, especially the lack of food and the dreadful things we did eat.
As I was brought up in a Christian family, I also vividly remember the many answers to our Prayers, particularly when we were due to be deported in September 1942 to an internment camp in Germany.

Have just come across your site, so will be quite interested to see how it progresses.
Ruth Millar
(ex Guernsey but now living in England near to USAF bases at mildenhall and Lakenheath.)