Lauren Henderson Message Board

discuss.

Tart City Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Sam Jones. Please?

Hey Lauren,

I am in the process of re-reading all the Sam Jones mysteries...on book 2 at the moment - Too Many Blondes. Hawkins! (Oh yeah.) Your writing is superb! Sam is such a wonderful character. Any chance of your writing another?

Hopefully,

Jane

Re: More Sam Jones. Please?

Hi Jane,

So sorry I didn;t see this before! No, the series is sadly over. My publisher killed it. Sigh. But I am writing other things!

best and apologies

Lauren
xx

WHAT!!??? killed it?? WHY!?

that sucks! I bet they won't translate the rest of the Sam-books into Danish, then :(

My appalling editor at Random House - since sacked, so there was some justice there. So sorry, everyone, but it wasn't my decision at all. And Simone, the Danish publishers make their own decisions - I don't know if there's any connection between the series ending and the Danish publishers not translating the rest of the books. Thanks so much for all the care and concern, it does make me feel very warm and fuzzy inside!

Lauren
xx

Is there really no way to bring Sam back? We need more Sam!!! What about a new editor or new publisher? What does your agent say?

The trouble is that no new publisher really wants to take on a old series. They want me to write new stuff. I could perhaps find a publisher to do new Sam books with but they would be very small and unable to pay me enough for me to live on while writing them. The one hope is that if a TV series does well, a mainstream publisher might want to republish the series and commission some more Sam books... fingers crossed!

Thanks again for all the interest in the Sam books. I do love them and loved writing them and it means so much to me that other people care enough about them to track me down and ask the question!

Lauren
xx