Lauren Henderson Message Board

discuss.

Tart City Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

JD in this case.
SOOOOOO good. so totally good. bit fiddley admittedly, one def worth it. thanks Hayley. x

Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

Just wondered, could either of you tell me, is 'all purpose flour' plain flour please? Thinking it must be because there's baking soda in there too. Thanks,

Ali x

(Macallan for me, since I'm afraid to waste the Brora on my cooking, though I might try it with brandy later on...)

Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

I assumed it was, and it worked fine. mmm.
(I'm thinking of making it with rum next time ...)

Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

post the recipe, I'll make it for Burns Night!

Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

there's a link in that v long thread below. towards the top of it.
great idea for Burns night cake!
(nb, I - of course - added even more slightly extra alcohol to the sprinkling over bit at the end, and am sure it did it no harm at all!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

NUM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

will serve with whipped cream & raspberries I think.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

So glad you like! Stella...not only did I generously dribble extra whiskey on top of cake but I sort of made a shallow wading pool for the cake on the plate. I figured it would keep the cake nice and moist! What is Burn Night? I am learning so many wonderful things...I did a lot of reading about wassailing the apple trees...and I had to look up Lauren's scrumpy...fun!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

Burns Night - haggis, whiskey, poem. splendid.

Lauren we had it with creme fraiche and blueberries. always useful to add an antioxidant every now and then!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: double chocolate mocha whiskey cake

... plus you get to stab a haggis. Which doesn't sounds that alluring, actually.

Thanks Stell, I'll make it with plain. Raspberries and cream for me, I think. Can't wait!

Ali x

I MADE IT. IT WAS AMAZING.

served it with whipped cream lightly blended with icing sugar and Absolut Pears. Superb! Thanks!