Return to Website

Dr. MacGregor's westie online help

Master with behavior problems? Too bossy? Thinks he owns the house? Not enough treats? Ask Dr. MacGregor and master your master's will !

Dr. MacGregor's westie online help
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: My hair

Dear Dr. MacGregor,

First of all, let me commend you on your site. It is entertaining, informative, well-designed, and very touching. I'll have you know that both my Mom and my Dad read "How Could You" separately, unbeknownst to each other, and both of them commented on it that evening. It did, indeed, bring them to tears.

But now on to the point of my post. My name is Cosmo. I am just a baby Westie, born on January 28, 2004. (I'm just adorable, if I do say so myself.) While my Mom and Dad and I live here in the US, where Westies are quite common and their haircuts, I imagine, are well-known to most groomers, my Mom, Patti, wishes to groom and trim me herself. (She's frugal, *and* she just wants to do it herself just because.) She truly has no experience cutting hair - human or canine - and wants to know: does your Mom really have an easy time of it? If your Mom had a choice, would she still groom you herself or would she take you to a groomer?

Also, this may sound like it belongs on your XXX page (Mom's favourite, rawrrrr!) has your Mom ever done hand-stripping of your glorious coat? If so, could she describe it for my Mom and me? Neither of us has any idea what it entails; Mom's read about it and heard people lamenting about it; and we're both wondering what the big deal is!

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Tail-wags from DC,

Cosmo

Re: Re: Re: My hair

Dear Cosmo,

Thank you very much for your kind words about me and my site.

Now for your questions:

- Mom would take me to a groomer if she could find a decent one in Portugal that has a notion that a Westie is not a white poodle with straight hair. Unfortunatelly such person is not to be found in all Portugal, yet.

- No, she doesn't have an easy time; I have been putting up a fight since day one. Nowadays I endure it and pretend I like until a certain point at which I flip up and run away. The rest of the grooming follows the next day and the one after until I'm completelly groomed. It's a going on process you see...

- Stripping my coat? Haha and you suppose I would let that happen with no complain, or growl, or barking do you? NO! The cutting is bad enough.

- Yes, I heard about stripped coats and how amazing they are, I see no diference, I don't care leave my hair alone.

Cheers,
Dr. MacGregor