Little Texas Ranch Memories

There are hundreds of Little Texas Ranch stories, and they all have a place in our hearts. That's why we'd like YOUR favorite LTR story or photo to be included in our collection of LITTLE TEXAS MEMORIES, so log on & enter your favorites here!

Little Texas Ranch Memories
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for sharing your memories!

It's always a wonderful feeling to be remembered - and it's an especially warm and wonderful feeling to be remembered fondly! Jimmy and I thank everyone who had posted to this forum or sent us mail and email to share their memories of Little Texas. We even got an email from Little Texas, the band!
To answer some of the most recent questions:
1. The post office is still here in Obernburg - they even fixed it all up and put in new mailboxes!
2. Veronica Denner retired as Postmaster quite a few years ago and just got back from a trip to Obernburg, Germany! (Her mom and sister, Helen, passed away)She visited the folks from Obernburg, Germany, who had visited us here when St. Mary's Church had their Sesquicentennial Celebration in 2004.
3. We still have the horses - and Jim still occasionally trains one or two, although I had to stop that when I was diagnosed with MS - but we don't do much riding any more unfortunately.
4. We're still singing! And we still sing put another log on the fire, complete with the "answer" I wrote to it all those years ago. It's one of the songs featured on our CD "The Texans - LIVE!" You can order one on the first page of our website.
5. It's always good to know that the old saying is true - "The best thing for the inside of a kid is the outside of a horse" - from the sound of all the memories folks have sent us, visiting the Ranch made quite an impression on them! And while we don't take out trail rides any more (running a banquet hall is enough of a job at our age!), we're always happy to see our old friends and meet their kids!
Thanks again to everyone who was there to make our years running Little Texas as a dude ranch so memorable!