Little Texas Ranch Memories

There are hundreds of Little Texas Ranch stories, and they all have a place in our hearts. That's why we'd like YOUR favorite LTR story or photo to be included in our collection of LITTLE TEXAS MEMORIES, so log on & enter your favorites here!

Little Texas Ranch Memories
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Welcome!

Rita: I was just surfing the net searching for things in my past and I cannot believe that I came across this site! I was a wrangler at Lttle Texas during the summer of 73 and had a great time. Do you remember the old horse Ace? He had a perfect handlebar moustache. The pictures sure bring back some memories. Thanx for the chance to relive them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Welcome to the new Little Texas Ranch message board! Tell us all about your favorite Little Texas Ranch memories - but keep it suitable for family viewing!

Thanks for visiting - hope to see you again soon - stop in when you're in the neighborhood!

Re: Re: Welcome!

Dear Bob,

So good to hear from you - Jimmy was amazed to see your posting! We finally sold Ace to a guy in Kenoza Lake and HE had him for years. That horse must have been ancient when he finally died.

All the old-timers are gone now - Capriole, who was the first colt we got from our Arab stud, Raudi, in 1977, is the oldest horse on the place now (Smokey, who we got as a 3-year-old in 1962, broke his leg last fall and had to be put down )

Email us a photo so we can see how handsome you are now! I'll put it on the Little Texas Photos webpage http://www.geocities.com/jimgreier

Replying to:

Rita: I was just surfing the net searching for things in my past and I cannot believe that I came across this site! I was a wrangler at Lttle Texas during the summer of 73 and had a great time. Do you remember the old horse Ace? He had a perfect handlebar moustache. The pictures sure bring back some memories. Thanx for the chance to relive them.

Replying to:

Welcome to the new Little Texas Ranch message board! Tell us all about your favorite Little Texas Ranch memories - but keep it suitable for family viewing!

Thanks for visiting - hope to see you again soon - stop in when you're in the neighborhood!

Re: Welcome!

Hi Rita, Jim & Family...Was surprised when I randomly did a

yahoo search for 'Little Texas' and came up with your site..

I was'nt a horseman at the ranch... I was a hunter, and

hunted at the ranch every year for about 14years..Came with

the Baxter boys..Jim would probably remember them...My buddy

during the hunt was Ed Harper, a Nassau County Detective..

We had some swell times there...Stayed at the old house

mostly, 'til you moved us to the bunks under the Main House..

Great Times, Great Food and Good Hunting...Miss it all..

Have a Merry Christmas...

Fred....

Replying to:

Re: Re: Welcome!

Hi Rita,Jim & Family....Gollyeeee!...It's been almost
two years since my last email on this forum....Time
really flies....Miss hunting this time of year....
don't go anymore....All my hunting buddies have either died or moved away....The last buddie (Ed
Harper, the retired Detective) stopped hunting with
me in 1989, for various reasons....I think he still
hunts in West Virginia with relatives....Haven't
seen him in a couple of years...Used to run into him
now and then as he still lives in Lindenhurst...
Hope you are all well....Have a Wonderful holiday
season....
Fred....

Greetings from Little Texas Hunters!

Dear Fred:
Thanks for keeping in touch! Names like Ed Harper and yourself bring back fond memories of hunting seasons at the Ranch.
We're still hunting here - and this year we bagged our first black bear. We'll send pictures when we get them back.
We were presented with our first grandchild this September - a buck, 9 pounds, 8 ounces, 23 inches long, named John James Greier.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
All the best,
Jim & Rita

Re: Greetings from Little Texas Hunters!

Dear Rita & Jim....Congratulations on the new Buck..
First grandchild?...That's great!...We have six...:)
A Black Bear???...Never saw one in the 15 years we
hunted there....Must be multiplying like mad....
God bless you all...

Ann, Fred and family....

Re: Re: Greetings from Little Texas Hunters!

Dear Fred, What's the trick to getting your email address to work? All messages get bounced back as undeliverable. Would love to send you some new LTR photos!

Re: Re: Re: Greetings from Little Texas Hunters!

Dear Rita and Jim....My Email address was wrong...Should be fgallo@suffolk.lib.ny.us I corrected it....The '.us' was left off....
I'll send you an email on your personal email
address...It's alot easier than the forum...

Fred....