Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
balloons flew!

A message for you nick! Just wanted to let you know our balloon ceremony on sunday went on full flight from the beach at sun down. It was sad but lovely. Took a trip on bus saturday to tarragona and whilst in bershka, some lovely person hooked her claws inside my bag and took my son's €30 holiday money. Even had my credit card but they were only interested in cash so dumped my things by entrance and store people picked it up. When i reported it with parc central security i then went back on the off chance to see if it had been found. And hey presto they had it,even though minus some cash i was soooo lucky. Put a downer on my son' s day but i was lucky. Would have expected this in barcelona so take warning anyone shopping and in holiday fun mood, be aware others may have different intentions. Going to barcelona thursday from portaventura, which station is best stop to get off at ...????

Re: balloons flew!

Barcelona Sants, I guess?

Thanks for the update Paula! So glad you managed to get it all together, and I think your efforts to remember your late husband, for yourself and your children, are very heart-warming. Well done!!
As to the scum that inherit this bl++dy Planet...I wish they would die a thousand painful deaths. Bring back 'an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth'. Cut off one hand of the thieves, and if they are stupid enough to do it again, cut the other off too. But then they would get invalidity benefit...so they would still be stealing from us all.

Did you take any photos of the balloons being launched? Would be nice to see!
Best wishes
Nick

Im on facebook nick. ' Paula barnard amaro ' photos 4uploaded on there. Im here til sunday. In town today while kids do park and pool. Perfect time for me to re stock up on my chorizo and olive oil !!!

Lovely to hear you got the balloons - I'm sorry to hear about your experience in Tarragona though.
It is probably too late now but i would advise getting off the train at Passeig de Gracia station in Barcelona rather than Sants which is on the outskirts of Barcelona. Passeig de Gracia is central about 5 minute walk away from La Ramblas.