Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barcelona to salou via train current cost advice please

Hi folks, it has been a while since i have posted on salou uncovered although i have kept on reading other posts, it has been a number of years since our last visit so i have not been able to advise others on the website, i would like to plan a trip to salou but the flights to reus are too expensive compared to flying to barcelona, although we have never made the trip via train from barcelon before i was thinking of a train transfer to salou, could anyone advise on the current cost of a trip to salou from barcelona by train for 2 adults and one child aged 12 years. .

P.S it has been a while since i have seen any posts from NICK is he ok?

Re: barcelona to salou via train current cost advice please

You can get the train from €8.80 per person each way. You would have to get from the airport into Sants or Passeig de Gracia station to get the Salou train. Have a look at the website www.renfe.com for times and prices.
Another alternative is Plana bus who do a direct transfer from Barcelona airport to Salou which costs around €23 return.
http://www.busplana.com/new2013/

Hi Keith!! As you say...long time Hope you and yours are well!
yes, I'm still around....for now
Claire gave you a pretty good summary of what's available. Hope your flight isn't too late, because the last train to Salou from Sants is quite early in the evening. I THINK around 9:30pm, but not sure.

Hi Keith.As Claire says you have to change trains in Barcelona Sants The last train to Salou leaves about 20:55 . Plana Bus is a good option, bit more expensive at 14.95€ each one way and 27€ return. Your son pays full fare on all Spanish transport. The bus does have more stops in Salou so it might drop you off at your hotel saving you a taxi fare. A third option is a private transfer company. Not sure about them (Resort Hoppa?)but I'll ask around or someone on the fórum may be able to help you there.If you need any more info (times etc) just give a shout

Thanks to you all for the advice, Glad to see Nick is well and has not upped sticks as many of the ex pats have had to in recent years,i am sure that with the planned Farrarri world at P.A and Barcelona world projects that Salou will soon be buzzing as it was a few years ago , i cant wait for this to happen, as the saying goes, see you there save me a chair,lol.