Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Balloons

Anyone know of local Salou stockists of helium balloons, maybe from any of the stationers / gift shops etc.
My children want to release some for their daddy's anniversary with a little message attached and let them off from the beach @ sunset when it is more quiet.
Last year we did roses in the sea, but this time i want it to be more uplifting and less sombre for them.

Re: Balloons

I remember you asking about this last year, and once again the poignance of your request, and why, brings a lump to my throat.
How sweet is this? Bless you for holding the memory of your husband close to all your hearts.
As to helium balloons.. I honestly don't know the answer. It would be nice if we had a member here who works for a hospital or Doctor/Dentist and has access to helium, to fill a couple of balloons for you.
Failing that, and this following suggestion might not be allowed, but...depending upon there being a breeze from the shore out to sea, you could make a couple of Chinese lanterns to do the trick. If the wind is from the sea onto shore, then this is a total no-no...could cause enormous fires if they came back inland and set fire to something...no. Second thoughts, much too hazardous, and probably illegal too.
Maybe they sell helium balloons at Port Aventura, or at the Fair in Salou...if it is still there...haven't been into Salou for ages, so I don't know.
I hope somebody will come up with an idea to help you out

Thank you Nick for your kind reply. I have sent an e-mail to ; misfiestas.es who are a Spanish party supplier to see if i can buy online and have them delivered to the hotel. Also i have asked El Paso hotel if they can help to locate any local suppliers.
It is just a simple gesture but it is very important to mark his memory in the right way. In all honesty i don't think i will ever be able to stay home on that date each year, so it is better to go away and be in surroundings where we can relect with happy memories. It is very hard though for the three of us, my children are 12 and 17 both going through their own changes as well as dealing with losing their dad, and me trying to be the best for them and do more!
I've started my enquiries in plenty of time as we don't leave until 17th Aug.
Hopefully something will come up positive. It can't be that difficult to achieve surely?!
Thank you once again for your help and advice.

Paula Amaro
Derby

Hi again Paula. Just had a brainwave...but don't know if I can pull it off....
I have a good friend who works at ST. JUAN hospital...I will ask him if he can sort this out for you. If he can, you will be able to pick them up from my wife at Route 66 in Cap Salou ..I'll see what I can do

Sorry Paula; up til now, not had any luck. Have you managed to sort something out for yourself ?

No, will wait until I arrive then search the stationary/gift shops for balloons. Im sure someone somewhere must sell them.

OK Paula, I think I have solved the problem:
http://www.tiendadeglobos.com/Venta+de+helio/cat_26_130

If you want me to order some helium and some balloons, let me know ASAP.
Nick

It seems from your history of reading and replying to posts is roughly a month
The opportunity to take advantage of this offer is extremely limited After August 10th it will be too late because the 'shop' closes for 2 weeks on the 11th for summer holidays. I hope you are aware of this...I won't be able to do anything to help after 9th August.

Attn; Nick

Wow, what a superstar you are and to go out of your way for us is very nice.
Ok, so if you can secure the sale of 3 balloons for us, I will be very grateful.
I cannot believe you have to go to all this trouble for me to help with something that really shouldn't be that hard to find. Obviously I know not how to execute this! I don't arrive at hotel El Paso until Sunday 17th @ 11am, and won't have a car or anything so am unsure as to how or where to collect/ pay you etc.
However I await further details and or instructions!!
Thank you again for your help.
Paula, Natalie and Mauricio Amaro

I don't know if you read the website I gave a link for, but there are hundreds of options for balloons, but they all need helium dispensers to fill them. The smallest helium dispenser is 23 euros, plus shipping,aned it should be enough to fill three medium sized ballons. There are also ballons with LED lights in them which would look pretty nice u in the dark sky. You can also get ballons in the form of letters, so you could select one for each of your initials, or the initials of your late husband...I don't have a clue how much you want to spend s a maximum ? As to delivery, I can get them sent to your hotel reception, or to my home address and my wife could take them to her workplace in Cap Salou...you are going to have to help me out a bit more on the details!!Perhaps you can pay direct to the Company? And arrange delivery to wherever you choose to collect them from?
We are running out of time!!!!They close up on 11th of August for their holidays!!!!!!

Looks like the hotel rep is going to help me sort it out as the hotel will not allow for canisters of helium for health and safety reasons. The balloons have to be already inflated.
They are checking in the area, and I have asked the Thomas Cook rep for a huge favour.
But thank you for your help and advice, I have passed all that on too.
You have shown immense kindness and I am very grateful for you going out of your way. Lets just hope the Hotel takes a leaf out of your book.

Much appreciated and thankyou.

Paula Amaro

I would have been glad to have been able to sort something out; looks like the Holiday Rep is going to sort it for you!!
Still, if you have problems, you are always welcome to ask again...
I hope you have a wonderful holiday, and a time to remember for ever.
Best wishes
Nick