Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
L'Ametlla De Mar

I have seen a few boat trips that go here. My son gets bad sea sick so would give the boat a miss, however was thinking of taking a visit on the train. Is it worth a visit? What sort of size is the place? Is the train station there fairly central?

Many thanks

Re: L'Ametlla De Mar

Hello Isla I was there last weekend it's a quaint fishing village mounted on a hill, so the houses and flats rise high above the port. I wouldn't like to dissuade anyone from going anywhere, but unless when you get there youre planning to go on the great Tunatour I'd give it a miss. (if you do go ask for the sole in the restaurants). I must say for the rest of you who may be interested, the Tunatour is great fun. The catamaran goes at great speed on the way there and slower on the way back. Seeing the massive tunas is fab. and if you choose to swim it must be out of this world, I'll be going back to do it myself soon.

Look at the pictures on google images and use google maps to walk around the town.

If you tell me what your looking for Isla I'll tell where's best.

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have visited Salou many times over the years and have done the usual day trips to Barcelona, Tarragona and Cambrils. This year when we visit we would like to visit somewhere different. There will be myself, husband and 7 year old son. Looking for somewhere that is easy to reach by train or bus, somewhere we can spend a good half day or even a full day if you can recommend somewhere. Looking for somewhere that is easy to navigate round , some nice sights buildings etc

I wrote a big long reply which was simply deleted by the spam filter

Go to sitges look on trip advisor

On way up stop at Vilanova for small railway museum.

And comeback and Enjoy Salou.

The spam filter is on overdrive, it has just deletted my message also. Anyway thanks for that I will take a trip to Sitges.

Try Downhill Bikes Salou for a great half or full day trip into the countryside
beyond salou the views are amazing and your 7 year old can go too.

Phil
Try Downhill Bikes Salou for a great half or full day trip into the countryside
beyond salou the views are amazing and your 7 year old can go too.

Better even than sitting on a beach! It is healthy, wonderful views, and you actually get to see a bit of Spain