Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
work/accomodation

hola salou,

my name is brian and i am hoping to move to salou from ireland in march 2014 with my partner. we are both seeking employment in hotels/bar/restaurant/pr.

i brian have vast experince in hotels - restaurant, bar, housekeeping. fastfood, cooking,
my partner is seeking housekeeping/cleaning work/supermarket.
we dont knw any spainish but can be learned.

please send me a mail to
brianberry@live.ie and we can forward on a cv for your consideration.

regards
brian and greg

Re: work/accomodation

Spanish, for christ's sake!! SPANISH!!!!

The best advice anybody can give you is to come over for a short cheap holiday,around about Easter time,(virtually nowhere will be open in March, or most of April) and spend the whole time searching for work.If you have no luck, at least you will have your fares home.
The trouble is, there are many more people than jobs, even though many Brits have gone home over the last couple of years. And that allows people to pay the absolute minimum wages they can get away with.
Seriously, you are going out on a limb if you just turn up. And if you can't speak Spanish, how on EARTH do you think you can get a job in a supermarket??
You would be well advised to stay home, learn Spanish until you can speak it well enough to somebody who speaks Spanish, but not English, and be understood easily.

Re: work/accomodation

Local
Spanish, for christ's sake!! SPANISH!!!!

The best advice anybody can give you is to come over for a short cheap holiday,around about Easter time,(virtually nowhere will be open in March, or most of April) and spend the whole time searching for work.If you have no luck, at least you will have your fares home.
The trouble is, there are many more people than jobs, even though many Brits have gone home over the last couple of years. And that allows people to pay the absolute minimum wages they can get away with.
Seriously, you are going out on a limb if you just turn up. And if you can't speak Spanish, how on EARTH do you think you can get a job in a supermarket??
You would be well advised to stay home, learn Spanish until you can speak it well enough to somebody who speaks Spanish, but not English, and be understood easily.

What nonsense,most locals speak no spanish,salou will be very busy in april as the students arrive for 3 weeks and easter falls late as well.Bookings are good apparenly with Britain coming out of the crisis and some new large travel firms like Jet2 setting up in Salou,good luck mate.