Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Route 66,Cap Salou

Does anybody know if Ellie and Sue are running Route 66 this summer? oh and simon doing his PR bit too

Nick im awaiting your reply lol

Re: Route 66,Cap Salou

Yep!! Same crew, same place, same quality!! Simon isn't propping this year..the props in the área are getting ridiculous, so they decided to rely on their excellent reputation..and it is working!
You coming over again Brian? I'll certainly come in to see you, and say Hi!!!
Give me a rest from building the house

Good to hear from you Nick.unfortunatly not at present Nick,1st time in 5 years we havent made it over...gutted but never say never-still got availability for the H10 Med Village in September,maybe mr PPI will do me a favour for then lol.
delighted to hear Route 66 is doing well-not surprised though....will let you know when we are next coming over,keep well and keep up the good advice on here.

Sorry to hear the finances are not up to it this year..we are ALL in the same boat, it appears.Keep our fingers crossed for a minor financial miracle for September! I sure will be pleased to see you and the Family again!! I'm afraid Christian is no longer at the Paddock...so your daughter might be a bit disappointed
All the best
Nick

Sorry to pea on your bonfire but route 66 is an outdated local that needs a major refurbishment its minging with dirty old uncomfortable furniture and manky signs.Staff are very pleasant but the local needs to let you loose with your tools nick to bring it up to date,dont mean to offend but the owners must live in a time warp.

to the judge.....there are too many crap places to eat in Salou nowadays,so the food and friendly welcome we always recieve from Ellie & Sue in Route 66 makes the slightly uncomfortable seats more than bearable and after all its being made to feel confortable and not hassled by PR's from Route 66 is more than enough reasom for me and my family to return year after year....and Nicks tools are busy in his own house by all accounts....
looking forward to seeing what Nick makes of your comments lol

Nick we were really sad to learn of John Ross (almost 2 years ago now) and when we were over last summer. Cap Salou seemed to be a different place-and especially since our wee daughter missed her boyfriend Christian lol...thankfully your good lady kept us fed and watered (and kept the kids in ice-cream)...we visited The Paddock only once and it was so sad to see a place with so many happy memories for the kids seemed faceless ... again Route 66 saved the day......will be back next summer if the September thing doesnt come off...so will look forward to hopefully seeing you then..

the judge
Sorry to pea on your bonfire but route 66 is an outdated local that needs a major refurbishment its minging with dirty old uncomfortable furniture and manky signs.Staff are very pleasant but the local needs to let you loose with your tools nick to bring it up to date,dont mean to offend but the owners must live in a time warp.

Never Heard of 'Retro' Judge?
I will take exception on behalf of the restaurant regarding the 'dirty' bit
of your comment though. It is scrupulously clean, if outdated.
The only decent sign there is the neon one on top of the toldo...and I made that 7 years ago!! Hahaha!!

Sadly, Pierre is currently unwell with a heart problem, amongst other ailments typically associated with old age,(71 now) and Marga is therefore stressed as well...but they STILL provide good healthy food, at reasonable prices, and if you search for the name on trip adviser etc, you will see 99% excellent reports.
I rest my case...call the prosecution counsel!!

not saying the place is dirty just old and run down could be fab if modernised and its not on trpadvisor so that says it all

the judge
not saying the place is dirty just old and run down could be fab if modernised and its not on trpadvisor so that says it all

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g562814-d291023-r132215360-H10_Mediterranean_Village-Salou_Costa_Dorada_Province_of_Tarragona_Catalonia.html
Obviously you don't know how to use 'Google' Old Chap .
First page.

Nick... I think what the Judge means is that Route66 does not have its own entry on TA. It is mentioned here and there as a topic in the TA forum but not as a TA site. Its needs to be added by maybe yourself or the owners.

the judge

photo route66composite_zpsa9481cbd.jpg

I guess THIS is the best reply to the unfair (biased?) criticism
And it IS on Trip Advisor, now..another

Yes it is on there now..... with some decent reviews dating back to 2011.
I do not know what happened on 14th June 2013, when I looked but it wasn't there. Was it suspended awaiting reactivation?

very flattering nick but you know as I know those seats are outdated from the seventies and bloody uncomfortable as are the hand written signs ,again nothing personal against the bar just being honest.

hi to you all was there in 2012 03/09/2012to 17/09/2012we was none as family 1 and family 2 the food was 5 star i can not say a bad word about it the girls are the best and simon is a nut case(a good one)ha ha what is he doing in place of out front of shop