Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Family friendly places

Hello

My husband and I, plus our 9 year old are booked into the Sanguli holiday park for 10 days in August. Apart from the campsite itself we're interested in visiting other family friendly locations. We'd also like to know where is family friendly for evening meals.

We'd like to visit places where our daughter will be able to mix with other kids her age.

I noticed that there appear to be a few Irish run bars and restaurants in Salou. I really want to check out the Spanish culture/food - but being of Irish background ourselves I'm sure we'll check out the bars, unless they're mostly party places for the younger crowd (or those without kids).

Any insider tips anyone could give would be appreciated. We don't want to only be discovering the nice places to visit a couple of days before we head home.

Really looking forward to the holiday - it's been too long! It's also something of a honeymoon as we finally tied the knot this year!

Karen

Re: Family friendly places

Oh, and we're flying into Reus airport and I was wondering what was the best method to get to Sanguli? Is a cab the best idea?

Our flight is quite early so we may have to lurk somewhere till we're allowed to check in.

Thanks.

Karen

You can get a bus from the airport to Sanguli or an airport taxi (circa 35 euros one way) or book a private hire cab. Cab is quicker, bus is cheaper.
90% of the bars near Sanguli, Salou and Cambrils are family friendly.
There are 3 or 4 irish bars in Salou. Danny Boys, Temple Bar and Murphys to name but three. There are many some nice restaurants near Sanguli. A traditional Spanish one just around the corner is Casa Soler. Excellent food at a reasonable price. You will also find lots of Spanish and European cafes on the beach footpath that takes you from Sanguli to Cambrils. Well worth a slow morning or afternoon ramble with a drink here and there to check them all out. Watch out for a locals favorite on the way called Fabiola.

I would recommend the Pure Genius bar/restaurant, run by Tony, Haley and family, which is a five minutes walk from Sanguli.

The food is excellent and reasonably priced. (They haven't put their prices up in three years). It's very family orientated - lots of Irish go there. They show plenty of Irish and Brit sports and other programmes on several screens.

There are free play stations for the kids, pool tables, darts, quiz nights, etc. It's a large place with a gorgeous terrace. You would be made very welcome.

Coming out of Sanguli turn right - walk five minutes along the road past the filling station. Turn right at the traffic lights and you'll see it set back a little bit behind the trees.

Have a lovely holiday.

Another thumbs-up for Tony and family. Hard-working,fair, friendly, and excellent quality throughout. Who could ask for more??

I live in this area and my favourites are
Cafe de Paris--around the corner from Sanguli. Great Spanish food and lovely paella. Extensive menu also written in English.
Pure Genius,as previously mentioned.
Rugby Tavern.Great menu and fab fish,chips and mushy peas!
Popeyes... Behind the Rugby Tavern. They do good British food and great tapas.

Thank you all so much for responding, and for your suggestions.

We'll certainly try these places out.

Karen