Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getaways-Television programme visiting Salou

'Getaways', a travel review programme is going to Salou in June and we are looking for your recommendations of the best places to visit. Your comments might even be featured in the show! So, have you ever been to Costa Dorada-Salou/Tarragona and Cambrils? What should we do?

Re: Getaways-Television programme visiting Salou

Why be selective of 'the best places'? That creates a fake impression of the place. Why not just cruise around and behave like a new visitor, and see what YOU can find, just as a tourist would. Takeyour cameras and cruise around the área outside of the towns: there are spectacular natural áreas to see, beautiful views, and friendly villages. WHY stick to the old, worn-out cliché of 'package holidays'? They are dead and buried. We need to show off the BEST part of our área, not the typical 'Bar and Karaoke and X-Factor' venues.
If anybody in the World wants to see what Bars and restaurants we have, they can check them out online.
There is more to enjoy beyond the typical 'sun sea sand sangría and ..well...whatever' holidays that have been the main agenda, and it might breathe a new and fresh health into our área.
The popularity of Jeep Safaris, Downhill Bike rides, and other more 'adventurous' excursions into the hills and fields and villages just goes to show there are people who WANT something newer, fresher, and exciting, and willing to pay for it. Knock the obnoxious 'bar crawls' on the head, and replace them with interesting and stimulating opportunities to bring a different type of person, as WELL as the norm.
This, of course, is no reason to stop providing venues to eat and be entertained, but let's spread our 'wings' a Little, and stimulate the Tourism of Salou and Tarragona.

Christ nick just answer the simple question instead of going into personal rants ,no wonder no one posts on here anymore.

Must have taken at least a week's thought to post that. Perhaps the predictable trend of armchair critics sniping at people who actually THINK about something, are more responsible for the lack of people posting here.
So you decide to hit the keyboard with nothing but a put-down...and present nothing to answer the original questions. Well done. I am sure your contribution lent far more to the subject than mine.
And, inevitably, your option to hide behind an assumed name, rather than your own, allows you to berate somebody else with total impunity. Try using your own name instead of 'local' when you put somebody down.At least have the guts to OWN your comments, instead of hiding.

Hi Nick
Keep up the fanastic posts, ignore the secret Local. We really enjoy your posts.

We have been here (Cambrils by Tex Mex) for last 4 weeks - 2 more to go!!!
Back September for 5 weeks, so if you want any mustard or anything
else let us know.

Have a fanastis Summer season.
Linda

Thanks Linda! !The mustard is lasting pretty well!! I'll bear your kind offer in mind! Meanwhile, if there is anything I can do for YOU...just let me know!!

Im a very busy person as unlike you i work so cant give long winded replies. Your reply to the op was not informative or helpful just pure self indulgance.p.s. you can buy mustard in spain now.

local
Im a very busy person as unlike you i work so cant give long winded replies. Your reply to the op was not informative or helpful just pure self indulgance.p.s. you can buy mustard in spain now.

Oh the IRONY!!!
Thanks for brightening my already happy day!!!
The reason you can't give long-winded replies is simple to see. You have no imagination, no visión, and depend entirely upon rhetoric and blather.
(if you don't know what 'irony' means, then you won't understand how funny your remarks are!! Check an online dictionary,( you can access THEM in Spain too ) and possibly you might realice how stupid you appear
As such, your opinión is about as un-noteworthy as is possible, and so I shall ignore it, and any future rubbish you might spout .
Have a nice day!! And don't work toooo hard

I would imagine 'Getaways' programmers have got about as far away from Salou as possible after the way this post has gone and are probably glad they did.

Google 'Getaways television programme' , nothing relevant. And since they never came back here, it was probably a wind-up.
Amazing thing about this place is nobody bothers to answer the questions asked, and then start piling on somebody who DOES bother to give a reply. It isn't up to anybody but the original poster to decide as to whether the reply was worthwhile or NOT, and since they can't be bothered to give a reply in the first place, their subsequent opinions are irrelevant. I read Nick's answer with an open mind, and his comments have more than a little value, quite honestly. Which simply can't be said about the two other replies.

'Getaways' is a travel show made for Ireland's main TV channel covering worldwide destinations which can be reached directly from Ireland. Like Salou, for instance.

local

Methinks the awful Anna is lurking, waiting to snipe Nick
FAIL!!

It appears the programme was produced and will air next Monday. Might be interesting to watch .............

Just came across this thread,I thought the comments from Nick were spot on.
I spend each September in Salou,having a car with me I am able to get out and about and there is always something new to see and do.Some of the ideas about where to go etc have come from Nick and others like him so as far as I am concerned Nick and others should carry on doing what they do.Some of us find the posts useful and informative.