Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clansman, Cap Salou

Hi. Can anyone tell me if the Clansman at Cap Salou is still open ? Came a few years ago and had a real good craic with Big Davy. I'm coming back in June but can't decide whether to book in Salou or Cap Salou. If the Clansman is still there it'll be Cap Salou, if not, it'll be Salou. Thanks Guys.

Re: Clansman, Cap Salou

No, Dave is no longer in the Clansman. It is completely different now, and is called The Black Swan. Crows Nest has also closed. The rest are virtually the same though, except the Paddock is under new management. Not the same place at all, since John Ross passed away.

Thanks for the info Nick. I suppose everything has to change. What's happened to Big Dave then ? Has he opened another bar ?

No, Dave has dropped out of the Bar rat-race, and got back into entrepreneurship again
Cap Salou is still a nice place to spend your holidays, and with the all-night public transport etc, it makes a good base for the área. If you do go to Cap Salou, pop in to Route 66 for an excellent breakfast, midday meal, or evening meal and a relaxed drink or two, before dashing off into the heaving Metrópolis which is Salou!!!

Thanks Nick. We'll check out the options. Roll on June !