Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parc Sama

I've made a vow that this visit will see me finally reach Parc Sama after about 12 years of failure.

My primary question is: Can i cycle to the Parc fairly easily if i hire a bike? (i remember trying to cycle over what resembled a motorway years ago and gave up as i wasn't too confident in my other half making it lol)

My secondary question is: Is it worth it?

Re: Parc Sama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXT4SdV4nQ
This is a video of the Parc. It IS beautiful, but I will leave it up to you to decide if it is worth the effort of a 15km bike ride one way!!
To get there by bike relatively safely, I would recommend riding out on the Salou-Reus road as far as the roundabout after the petrol station, and taking the new road towards Cambrils. When you get into Cambrils, take the road to Montbrio del Camp, which will take you right to the entrance to the Parc.

It has been a while since I visited there...about 12 years! It was just when the Parc had opened for the season, and to be honest, it was nice to walk along the pathways and taking in the views etc. I don't know if Access to the Mansión is an option now: it wasn't then.
If you were to feel energetic enough, you could visit the Parc, and then cycle on in the direction of Montbrio, and then ride towards Montroig, where there is a Hermitage which is worth seeing as well.Very interesting Little church perched on top of a rocky hilltop., amongst other things..
If you would like more information, just ask!!

Nick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXT4SdV4nQ
This is a video of the Parc. It IS beautiful, but I will leave it up to you to decide if it is worth the effort of a 15km bike ride one way!!
To get there by bike relatively safely, I would recommend riding out on the Salou-Reus road as far as the roundabout after the petrol station, and taking the new road towards Cambrils. When you get into Cambrils, take the road to Montbrio del Camp, which will take you right to the entrance to the Parc.

It has been a while since I visited there...about 12 years! It was just when the Parc had opened for the season, and to be honest, it was nice to walk along the pathways and taking in the views etc. I don't know if Access to the Mansión is an option now: it wasn't then.
If you were to feel energetic enough, you could visit the Parc, and then cycle on in the direction of Montbrio, and then ride towards Montroig, where there is a Hermitage which is worth seeing as well.Very interesting Little church perched on top of a rocky hilltop., amongst other things..
If you would like more information, just ask!!

Nick, Thanks for the reply.

I like the sound of the Hermitage at Montbrio/Montriog.

Any more info would be appreciated....

Thanks again

I'll tell you more tomorrow! Just about to drag these tired old bones off to bed. I'll post some photos of the Hermitage/church as well...just have to dig them out from my thousands of photo files

Nick
I'll tell you more tomorrow! Just about to drag these tired old bones off to bed. I'll post some photos of the Hermitage/church as well...just have to dig them out from my thousands of photo files

Cheers Nick, I appreciate your efforts.

It's quite a cycle if you're a non cyclist. I've done it a number of times with the kids Montroig - Cambrils- Salou and back.
Personally, if you wish to visit The Hermitage above Montroig, I would head there first as its the steepest climb.
Take the beach cycle path from Salou to Cambrils then cross country on the back road from Cambrils to Montroig which is a lovely quiet road. After visiting The Hermitage, which is definitely worth a visit, cycle into Montroig for a 'restorative' before heading towards Montbrio. Parc Sama is within a mile of Montbrio and the grounds are again worth checking out, then its all downhill back into Cambrils and along the beach cycle path back to Salou. As an alternative you can take your bikes onto the Salou Cambrils ferry (approx 11euro return)which is a nice way to break up the journey.

Timing wise, as a family,
Cambrils - Montroig 1hour slight incline
Salou - Cambrils 35 mins flat

Good luck

ps

The climb from Montroig to The Hermitage is quite steep and again there's a back road from Montroig if you wish to avoid traffic. I'm sure google maps may help..... or Nick.

Thanks Craig...as you are very familiar with the área, your advice is extremely welcome.
I have an offer to suggest , but it depends upon how many of you will be making the trip?
My idea was simply to meet you at Sama Parc when you have had your fill, and then I could pick you and the bike(s) up in my trusty old VW Transporter pickup, and take you to Montroig. As Craig says, going home again would be mostly downhill...well...some of it I could fit two adults into the cab, because it is a three-man cab (or 2 men and a woman )
When are you arriving for your holiday? And how many would be making the trip?
(Been busy all day...still haven't found the photos...but I have an idea I posted them here, or on the other Salou Fórum, about three years ago. I'll check now).

Hmmmm...so...tiki-taka...gone very quiet? Any replies to my questions above?