Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cafe Guinness

Cafe Guinness is not, never was going to be and never will be an Irish Bar there is not a irish staff in sight and is maintaining its original menu of mediterranean , fondues and Belguim food. The signs are in spanish and russian and all nationalities are welcome and will be served as alway by the charming owner Marcel.

Re: Cafe Guinness

Good luck.

can i just ask, how and why you chose the name cafe guinness when you know there is the guinness tavern, are the remarks made on other posts true that you are trying to cash in on their name and poach trade, if this is so then it is not very clever is it, i have never visited the guinness tavern as yet but i do know that they have a very good reputation.

Have a look round town, there are Guinness signs EVERYWHERE! On Spanish, Irish, English, russian bars all over the place, all over the world.
This subject is getting boring now.
Let The Guinness Tavern continue its great trade which after 18 years will not be affected by the Cafe Guinness.

Let Cafe Guinness try and find its feet in an international market, with Spanish, Russian and whoever else wants to go.

Neither business will affect each other as the only thing they have in common is Guinness!!

The whole world drinks Guinness not just Irish people!

I personally prefer San Miguel

I also prefer san miguel but you are missing the point its not about guiness signs thats ridiculous. You have the GUINNESS TAVERN RESTAURANT and the new place is called GUINNESS RESTAURANT in big letters with the word cafe written smaller in front of it.
Tourists will get mixed up when looking for them, and with the internet playing such a big part nowadays with tripadvisor etc that could be very detrimental to the guiness tavern which is number 1 due to Chris and Rachels hard work being hands on for 18 years
Theres lots of competition in Salou and not everybody always gets on but generally there is a bit of underlying respect for each other and certain lines dont get crossed .So this sort of attitude and disrepect being shown to the McGrath family is totally wrong.

im sorry . . i cant quite register why you would call a venue . .
Cafe Guinness??
if in fact it has nothin to do with being an Irish Bar or if it is not aimed at Irish people or people who like the Irish culture??

the name is therefore inappropriate for your new venture. . .

I think that it is far more important to have a great working relationship with all your fellow workers in Salou rather than creating issues that YOU KNOW could potentially harm anothers business and cause alot of people annoyance!!

it is without doubt a bad business decision!

good relations = success

and if also people do go lookin for a guinness restaurant they will more than likely be directed to the authentic one

THE GUINNESS TAVERN

therefore another reason to change the name!!

try something unique!