Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little more Help, Please

Hello
Please can someone tell me when the Bars, Restaurants and Hotels open for the 2013 season? The reason I ask is:: If I arrive in Salou April by boat how many days before i arrive can I reserve an apartment as every agency has not got back to us.
Also most apartments are looking for a work contract, but if you arrive in April and don't have work until May (maybe some interviews but nothing solid) How do you tackle this problem?.
Many thanks for any help
Brendan(Ireland).

Re: Little more Help, Please

http://www.idealista.com/pro/inmobiliaria-barnamar-salou

The start of the main season is usually 1st May which this year falls on a Wednesday. You will find some of the bars open the weekend before, most of the rest open the following weekend.
You will also find a lot of the bars will open for Saloufest from 23rd March to 14th April. See http://www.ilovetour.co.uk/tours/sports-tours/saloufest
Easter is also a very busy time in Salou but mainly for the Spanish.
You should have no difficulties finding a rental apartment in Salou even for a short period while you hopefully secure a job. You can book one either on www.homeaway.co.uk or www.alpharooms.com or go into one of the agencies when you get there... Central Park and Brisasol amongst a few others

I don't know when the Esmeralda Apartments open this year, but why not ask Big Al if you can have an apartment whilst you look for work? Or even check the Travel Agencies for a cheap 2 week holiday, to give you time to sort out work and an apartment....and if you don't have any luck, you have a flight home..oh...just saw you are arriving by boat. Are you coming by car,and driving down? First time visits looking for work are usually better done as I suggested above. Could be a very expensive trip in a car, if you have no luck.
Secondly, I doubt you will be able to reserve an apartment without actually being here...and if you DO get somebody to agree to accept your upfront payment by credit card...I'd advise you NOT TO. If they subsequently re-let it before you get here, you will have a heck of a job to get your money back...except from the credit card company, possibly.
Fraught with problems...but maybe you will get lucky.

Just check into one of the many hostels in and around salou or book into a cheap aparthotel like salou suites. Apart from easter weekend you will get some fantastic cheap deals right to the end of may

Also if you pay enough months up front most wont insist on a work contract

Thanks to everyone for all the help.....

Theres a local free book called la crida that you find in most chemists and shops with hundreds of ads renting flats both through agents or direct through the owners normally for 6 month summer season or all year

La Crida is also available online .
http://lacrida.com/edonline/edonline.html