Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Donaire Beach Hotel

Coming over to La Pineda on 31st May, staying at the Golden Donaire Beach Hotel (for about the 15th time). Staying all inclusive for the 1st time, any reports on this would be much appreciated, it's the 1st year they have offered all inclusive, hope it doesn't spoil what in my opinion is the best family hotel in the area.

Re: Golden Donaire Beach Hotel

I agree... nice hotel and great location
They have probably been 'forced' by UK tour operators to go AI who in turn have bowed to UK tourist pressure.
AI is a UK thing... it is not usually offered or requested by other european nations.
Your guess is as good as mine... but my experience is that other hotels in Salou (and elsewhere for that matter), once they have gone AI, tend to drop their standards whether it by voluntary or by the customers they attract.
Any manager of an AI hotel will NOT want you in there all the time... so how do they make you leave? I know how I would do it... lets hope the Donaire is the exception. I just wonder what will happen to the nice beach bars and the other bars nearby? I reckon you will one of the first few in at the hotel... so your report back will be interesting

Re: Golden Donaire Beach Hotel

We have never had an AI holiday before, mainly because of the reasons you quote ie low quality. However, having holidayed in the Donaire for the last 15 years or so, thought we would give it a go. It is the 1st year they have offered AI as an option, Half Board and Full Board are also still available. The main reason we chose AI is because of the prices charged for soft drinks, the kids get through loads, and also prices for drinks with meals. I can guarantee I'll still be having a beer at the bar in the car park opposite Donaire, (mmmm can nearly taste it now), and also having a walk down to Anns Beach Bar for an evening bevvy or 2