Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ferry

Does anybody know if I can turn up in dover and get a ticket for a car and four people on the day for the ferry.

Same question for Calais?

And what will be the cost?

Re: Ferry

Yes you can BUT it is nigh on impossible to answer the other questions. It depends which ferry company you go with which depends on the time you turn up.
It will probably be more expensive than booking online before you get there so try and do it online. At this time of year I dont think you will pay more than £20 per person or probably circa £50 to £60 for all of you and the car. The two biggest ferry companies are Sea France with 12 sailings a day & P&O with 22. Sea France tend to be slightly cheaper

What SalouVilla has said is true, it is cheaper to book on line in advance.Paying on the day, in peak season will probably cost about £80-£100, pre-booking will probably save around £20-£30 each way.

If you can live with paying the extra, I would advise that, the ferry companies allow a couple of hours flexibility with sailing times, but driving a thousand miles from Salou to Calais cannot be planned with military precision, too many variables such as traffic, stopping for a rest etc. In the past I have pre-booked a return from Calais, only to feel less tired than I had planned, turned up at Calais 6 hours early, and then paid the premium crossing rate on top of the cheap rate I'd already paid for. Pay on the day, its more flexible.

PS, SalouVilla, your boys are going to take one hell of a beating on Saturday

Nice one baggie.... we always look forward to 6 points from West Brom but this season is a little different. I'll settle for the 3 points at Villa Park on 11th Dec and you can have the win this time BUT only on one condition.... the Dingles beat the Blues at St Andrews!
I get your point and agree about flexibility on the ferry... by booking online I meant parking up about 20 miles from Dover or Calais and booking the ferry online at Internet cafe or on your mobile.
p.s. Boing Boing!

Thanks that's a great help!