Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
daylight saving...BAH..

Not really a Salou-rated thread I know..but anybody else think this is a total waste of time (pun not intended )? The days are gone when we needed the sunlight to do anything, and I used to hate it when I started a gig at 9:00pm, in broad daylight, until often 10:30pm during July and August. Just seemed to be difficult to get an 'atmosphere' going like used to happen in the UK when it got darker earlier than here.
Let's SCRAP daylight saving, and then not feel absolutely knackered for the next 6 months through the 'lost hour'
En NOU, Ik moet voor de slechte monden opwachten

Re: daylight saving...BAH..

And now, I must wait for the bad mouths ?

Just a rough guess....

Not bad Lost
Google translate is your friend eh?

No I love it, I just think they should leave it onces it done. I'd rather we stayed at Summer Time than the other way.

Oh, I don't care WHICH they choose, so long as they choose ONE, and STICK with it!! ****ed stupid idea nowadays!

Nick, is the arrangement like in the UK, where it's a hark back to the war years and originally set up to ensure that the munitions factory workers put a decent shift in? Or did Spain adopt it for different reasons?

I can imagine the frustration of singing the final 'Jailhouse Rock' or whatever when the sun has still not quite set outside!!!!