Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Renewing spanish driving license

Has anyone done this recently as mine has expired and i was wondering what the latest procedure is.Thanks.

Re: Renewing spanish driving license

Don't think it has changed. Go to the centro medico Roma (977 235577)behind the trafico Office building) with your old licence. There you will have an eye test, blood pressure test, and have 5 minutes on that very basic 'computer game' where you have to keep 2 dots between two lines as they revolve. If all is well, they will take some money from you, (they will anyway),give you an envelope with the results of all the tests, and send you off to the Traffico Office. There, you go to the cashier desk to the right (get a queue ticket first) and pay the fee. You then go to the first floor, (take your queue ticket for this stage at the same time you take the one for the cashier to save queueing too long). Go to the window with your papers etc, give them your receipt from the cashier...and you should be on your way with your shiny new licence. quite promptly.

thanks very helpful

how many photos needed?
oh and one other question i was thinking of re applying for my uk license just in case of emergency .anyone tried this and got away with it

Sorry...forgot about the photos. There is a place just around the corner where they do your photo for you. There are, I think, four on one page. You will need 2, and don't forget your NIE!! If you don't have one, you must have the sheet of paper which now passes as you NIE, AND YOUR PASSPORT AS WELL! Photo confirmation of whom you are.
As to getting a new UK licence, you would have to submit your current Spanish License to get it. The two countries reciprocate over driving licences. I don't know for sure, but there is an International Drivers Licence available, but I don't think Spain will issue it. In fact, I don't think it is valid for permanent residents of Spain, but you will have to find that out. Google will help you there. I'd do it for you, but I don't have the time at the moment. Sorry.

Go to this site:
http://www.acespana.org/acespana/files/Infosheet%2021%20-%20Spanish%20driving%20licence%20renewal%20-%20November%202006.pdf

Copy the address and paste it to your browser address bar

Got my bag stolen with all my papers and went to the above mentioned centre.They take your photos and fill in the forms.They even sent my application away for me.Efficient,quick and friendly.Well worth the money.

Does anyone know if you are sent a reminder or is it up to you to make the first move?

I've never received a reminder...but that doesn't neccessarily mean they don't send one!
Worth taking a note and putting th date in your agenda. Apparently you should apply 3 months before renewal date?? Not sure if that is true, but quite likely.

Thanks Elvis!

Good news! Did mine today. Go to the medico and do the eye,colour blind tests and little coordination games and fill out a form.Take ID with you eg.passport.DON'T TAKE PHOTOS AS THEY TAKE YOUR PHOTO IN THE MEDICO! Don't go to traffico as the medico send your new licence to you in about a month!Cost me about 30 Euros for CAR licence only!

Good news indeed! happy it worked out ok.

Just very happy to avoid Traffico.It is always a pain in the bum,a cattle market!

haha!! And there was me, thinking you got turned on by men in uniforms

Only by firemen Nick. It's their hose!

Couple of gay lads locked themselves out of their house,so they got a ladder to climb up to a top window
G1---- Ooo I feel just like a fireman!
G2---- Where are we going to get a fireman from at this time of night?