Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Juntos contra el cancer.

Can I have just a minute of your time…

How many of us can say that we have never been touched by cancer? The Freesia Group do a tremendous job with their fundraising and to date have raised over 180,000 Euros which has been divided between the CNIO (National Cancer Research Centre) and the Tarragona branch of the AECC (Spanish Association Against Cancer). One of these days a breakthrough will be made and every cent donated helps. I’ll get to my point.

What if every restaurant in Salou agreed to donate just one days tips during the season to the Freesia group? Say for instance that on August 1st every restaurant in Salou set their tips for the day aside – can you imagine how much money that would be? Your life won’t be any different from forfeiting one days worth of tips but added up it could make a world of difference to the local cancer charities and would also prove what a charitable bunch we are. I’ve run this idea past a few people all of whom said that they doubted that this would go down well.

Please help me prove them wrong.

Re: Juntos contra el cancer.

I think that's a great idea, I will definitely talk to all the staff at the Dubliner and see if they are all up for it.

I have often thought about doing something like this, I can see why some people would think staff may not like it, good date 1st month after they have all been paid so they dont need the cash so much I'm in so will all my my staff be. good idea.

How about all the owners donated the days profits also, then maybe the staff would willingly donate their tips ???? :)

Observer I'm sure the bars will equal the kitty Right?

what profits